x

Can I change the category of a transaction once it is posted?

Can I change the category of a transaction once it is posted?  I took in two sales under the category Custom Amount.  I would like to move them into a PTA Membership category.  Is there a way for me to do this after the sale is completed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

No, you can't change the category of an item after it has been rung.  

I have created an item called "Service Charge", you can call it what ever you want and assign it to the category you want.  When it comes to price leave it empty.  This will allow you to enter any price at the point of sale.  Add this item to your Grid for easy selection.  Then instead of using the key pad to enter a price use the "Service Charge" item, or what ever you called it.  By doing this you will have everything properly categorized.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you. It wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but very much appreciate your response. 

Message 3 of 5

I did this same thing the other day, I rang something up as custom, with the correct $ amount, but I want to change it to a particular item. I don't need the customer to get an updated receipt, I just want my internal reporting corrected so I can track how many of a particular item I sold and to whom (I don't have an inventory issue, it's a service item). Boo. : (

Message 4 of 5

I agree! I would like the item to show up correctly for my books! Maybre something they could work on!

Message 5 of 5