x

We are new to Square. My question is about tax filing and payment to the IRS and other agencies.

Are all payments to the IRS and other agencies done for us or do we still need to pay this on our own? We will be starting with square on Jan. 1, so I'm trying to get a better understanding. Also, not having much luck getting ahold of someone in support right away. I always have to have them call back. Is this a problem?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

If you are using Square Payroll Square takes care of State and Federal Tax.  Payroll it the only thing Square takes care of.  Everything else like sale tax is your responsability.

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

@Greatspirit, welcome to Square and thanks for posting your question! I wanted to add to the answer @RHatch gave: Square will also provide a 1099-k form if your business qualifies for one - i.e. you've done $20,000 in gross sales and over 200 transactions in the calendar year.  You can read more about 1099-k qualification here

Message 3 of 5

Is there a way square can set into an account a certain percentage of my choosing to pay IRS quarterly

Message 4 of 5
Admin

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: IRS question

Hello @Dnap. There isn't a way for Square to do this but I'll share your request with the relevant teams here. I moved your post here so you can see the helpful replies from @RHatch and @Kpay in the meantime!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5