x

How can I report the details of "Other" payment?

We need sometimes receive payment other than cash, check or card so we chose the "Other" option and then in the memo we enter the type of payment (ex; Trade/Barter/Swap).  But at the end of the day, I need to be able to REPORT on WHAT the "Other" payment was - not just the fact that it was OTHER.  Is there a way to include the note of the "Other" payment into one of your reports?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. We now have square gift cards, but have used certificates in the past, and i need to be able to see in the "other" category what specifically was used for the payment method

Message 2 of 15
Square

@truewest @sethscoffee - Apologies for the delay in following up. It looks like this question may have slipped through the cracks. While we don't have a report that specifically details what was entered in the Notes field, if you export your sales as a .CSV from the Transactions tab , there is a column with these details. You can use your spreadsheet program to sort and calculate things for you. Hope this helps! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 15

Hi Sean, I appreciate the attempt, but what I'm looking for is not found when exporting as you suggesting. Up until last week, we were using a paper gift certificate, so when I received payment via gift certificate, it was rung in under "other", along with checks. So I am unable to see how much of my "other" payment methods were gift certificate redemption vs checks, which is problematic for me. Any other ideas.

Message 4 of 15
Square

@sethscoffee - If you export the "Transactions CSV", you'll see "Other Tender" details in Column Q and R. Would you mind taking another look at this spreadsheet? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 15

ok, now I'm able to do that, but the export was absolutely enormous. took 20 minutes to download, and it's every single transaction from the entire year, even though i have only "other" selected. it shows me just the "other" payment methods when i look within square, but when i export it, it shows everything. it would take forever to scroll through 92,000 transactions to find all the ones applicable.

Message 6 of 15
Square

@sethscoffee - I'd suggest adjusting the date selector to a shorter timeframe.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 15

thanks for the help. a shorter timeframe wouldn't help me, as i need the whole year anyways, so i'd be doing 12 smaller versions of the massive report. i just searched within excel for "check" to weed out all of those payments. took me 20 minutes, but i got it. thanks for the help. 

Message 8 of 15
Square

@sethscoffee - Happy to help. I guess the sunny side of the problem is that you've had a very busy year with lots of transactions. 😉

Sean
he/him/his
Message 9 of 15
Beta Member

I've posted an question additional to this one in a different thread. I've posted here just in case anyone following this one is interested.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Gift-Certificate-amp-Other-transaction-reporting...

Message 10 of 15

How to add the word “check” in the payment section 

Message 11 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Seaside2 and welcome to the Community!

I merged your post to an existing thread in the Community with the same question.

Check out @Sean 's best answer for more details!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 15

I'm having the same issue. I'm not finding this information when I export to .csv. 

There's no "memo" or "info". What am I missing? 

Message 13 of 15

Has this been fixed yet? I would like to have a breakdown of "other" payments printed with the daily report.

Message 14 of 15

@mtnair did you get an answer to your question? I was hoping that 5 years later there might be a simpler way to track “other” payments

Message 15 of 15