x

Inventory not changing with sales

I sell individual items at art fairs, so my sales are run through the app. I feel like I have entered all of the inventory information correctly, and select items from the item library or category at POS. The sale does not trigger a reduction in the inventory. What am I doing wrong?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

@cmittarker - So sorry to hear about the trouble! Would you mind sharing how you created your items? Did you use the items spreadsheet or create them one at a time? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 12

@Sean

I created the items one at a time.

Message 3 of 12
Square

Hmm. It sounds like it might easiest if you give us a call so you can work directly with a supporter on this. They can go over the process, as well as report any issues with our engineering team, if necessary. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 12

I have set up Square on Android phone for use at t Farmer's Market, and created separate price points under Events" to compensate for cost of event. I then manually migrate inventory of items taken to event from stock to event price. Square is not tracking those sales. What am I doing wrong?

Message 5 of 12
Admin

@Pop-Pops Just to confirm, are you using the Point of Sale app to select an item/items and charge a customer at the market? Are you creating categories and items and updating your stock from a computer before the event, or do you do everything on your phone? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 12

Hello. I am reporting this condition as well. I have created items with inventory tracking enabled, When I sell those items via the Square APP the inventory is not affected. Please advise.

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @smedia

Welcome to the Community! 

Is this happening with all of your items or just specific ones? 

Also, does any information show when you look in their Stock History? 

You can see that through the item details. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 12

I'm experiencing the same issue as others . . . . I create items, sell them but the inventory is not reduced.  In one case, I created an item with variations for size and color - I received 13 items, I sold 10, I have 6 left.  Interesting math!  (I truly only have 3 left in stock and I can see the sale transactions for all 10)

Message 9 of 12

Just found another item . . . received 5, sold 5, have 5 left.  (truly have 0 left).  So are my Sales & COGS reports correct?  I have my doubts . . . . What good is a system that can't add/subtract?????  I would say I was doing something wrong if the other 1,000 items didn't work as well, but how is this possible? 

Message 10 of 12
Alumni

Yikes - Assuming you're subscribed to Square Retail, I suggest telling our Retail Team about your inventory issues. As long as tracking is enabled from the Item Editor, stock levels should definitely decrease with each sale which makes me think there's an issue with your settings or you're running into a bug. 

CS will be able to confirm. @Horsease

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 12

I set up items.  I sell items.  I have numerous examples where it doesn't relieve the inventory.  If I run a report, I can see it sold.  I post the question.  But is there no way to get Square to respond or get support???????

Message 12 of 12