x

Unable to see "New Sale with Customer" option from Customer Directory

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: customer activity

Until very recently, I could look up a customer in the customer directory and create a new transaction for that customer.  That option has disppeared and I cant figure out how to link a transaction to a specific customer.  Has this option been removed or relocated?

I am using an Iphone7 and the app is current. 

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @lisamarie & @asegers It looks like the recent update toggled off that setting that you previously had on. 

To resolve this - open the Point of Sale app > go to Settings > Customer Management > make sure Collect Before Checkout is toggled ON.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

I too am having this issue and can't resolve it.  Came to the forum to try to figure it out.  This app is useless to me if I can't associate a sale with a customer.

Message 2 of 18
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @lisamarie & @asegers It looks like the recent update toggled off that setting that you previously had on. 

To resolve this - open the Point of Sale app > go to Settings > Customer Management > make sure Collect Before Checkout is toggled ON.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Message 3 of 18

We are back in business! Thank you for the support!

Message 4 of 18

Now that we have installed the loyalty program we can no longer link a customer to a sale at check out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 18
Alumni

Hi @Magnolia355 - Can you try the steps I posted above? I think this is a related issue, so those should set everything back to normal. If not, please let us know!

Message 6 of 18

Thank you for the quick reply! I will give this a try and give you feedback.

Message 7 of 18

After 3 years using a good Square account, Unable to start transaction from customer list. Only option is to send customer a message. None of our iPhones will work the way we used to use them. From Customer List, select, see profile, choose "new sale with this customer", enter amount, card# with code and zip, charge. No longer get the "new sale with this customer" option.

Message 8 of 18
Admin

@BryanMMS I moved your post here so you can read @katieand's Best Answer above which has more information about this issue and how to change your settings to re-enable the "new sale with customer" option in the app.

I'm very sorry for the confusion this caused! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 18

I am suddenly missing the "New Sale" button on the app.  It used to be that when I pulled up a customer under the "Customer" tab and then brought up their profile, there was a "New Sale" button.  Where did it go?  Last night I had to create invoices and email them to these customers instead of taking their payment on the spot. Any suggestions of what has happened?  Thank you.

Message 10 of 18
Admin

@EmergeBJJ Check out @katieand's Best Answer with the steps to be able to see this option again.

Apologies for any trouble this caused! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 18

Sorry to trouble you again.  Can you give me a specific link to her answer? I clicked on her name in your reply but I got a giant list of answers and not sure which is the one I need.  Thank you!

Message 12 of 18

If you go to Settings > Customer Management > make sure "Collect Before Checkout" is toggled on.

Message 13 of 18

Yes, that worked, thanks. Don't know why customer service could not direct me the those settings two days ago. He was inexperienced.

Message 14 of 18

Thank you!  Fixed it!

Message 15 of 18

I used to be able to create a new sale with a customer while in their customer profile… I can no longer do this for some reason. Does anybody know why?

Message 16 of 18
Square

Hey @Huxabilly. I went ahead and moved your post to this thread, as it looks like a couple other folks had the same question.  If you go to Settings > Customer Management > make sure "Collect Before Checkout" is toggled on: it should fix the problem. Let us know if you have any questions! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 17 of 18

Thank You Sean! I had always created a sale theough the customer profile, and then one day it just stopped giving me the option. Not sure how the setting got changed as I am the only user. Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!

Message 18 of 18