x

Business location not showing up on WooCommerce

Trying to sync woocommerce and square. Woo asks for business location but the drop down box does not work. Business location is set in square it just won't show up when I log in thru woo. Which I believe is the reason nothing is syncing

Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer
Partner

Best Answer

Hi there!

This is Phil from the WooCommerce team. This thread was brought to my attention, so I wanted to add a post with a little more information in case other's find this helpful.

If you've already set up a Business Location in Square, but aren't able to select it when using our WooCommerce Square plugin the problem is likely in your hosting environment.

Here are the two common hosting issues that will cause this issue:

• If your host is blocking communication requests to either of the following endpoints, you won't be able to set your location:
https://connect.woocommerce.com/renew/square
https://connect.squareup.com/v1/me/locations
  • If you (or your host) have not properly configured your SSL certificate, Square will be unable to authenticate your site during the connection process. This can result in the Business Location not populating.
  • If your host has issues with cURL being improperly configured your site and Square will not be able to communicate

Typically the first two points are the most common and should be a quick fix for your host.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Hey @Jtrietsch, welcome to the Community! 

This sounds like an issue with WooCommerce. I would recomend reaching out to the WooCommerce Support Team if you haven't already. 

Also WordPress has an active support community as well. I recomend checking it out! 😀

Message 2 of 44

I have started working with Woo, it just seems to take lots of time responding back and forth with email.

Message 3 of 44

[Personal Information redacted] 

Message 4 of 44

@Jtrietsch I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully another Seller Community can help out. I wish I could provide some suggestions, but I'm only an expert on Square products. 🙃

@Iamlimoservices we ask that you do not post personal information on public posts. I have redacted your address. I recomend reviewing the Community Etiquette Guidelines 

Message 5 of 44

We are having the same issue - trying everything and working with Woo but no answer yet - did you find a resolution to this?

Message 6 of 44
Admin

Hey @icimouser, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering. Were you able to get in touch with WooCommerce and sort this out? If so, please let us know if you have any other insight to share here or any other details on the error you're encountering.

Hope everything got cleared up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 44

We are having the same problem.  We were processing transaction just fine and then started getting "This order cannot be paid for. Please contact us if you need assistance."  Now, when I change a setting, it says "WooCommerce Square is almost ready. Please set your business location." We click on the link and nothing happens.  The activated location we have doesn't show in the pick list.  I can't see any errors in the website logs or woocommerce logs that seem to relate.  Has anyone solved this?

Message 8 of 44

I deactivated and re-activated the link to Square and the Location populated.

Message 9 of 44

give me the steps .

Message 10 of 44

This worked for me! 9-17-2019

Message 11 of 44
Partner

Best Answer

Hi there!

This is Phil from the WooCommerce team. This thread was brought to my attention, so I wanted to add a post with a little more information in case other's find this helpful.

If you've already set up a Business Location in Square, but aren't able to select it when using our WooCommerce Square plugin the problem is likely in your hosting environment.

Here are the two common hosting issues that will cause this issue:

• If your host is blocking communication requests to either of the following endpoints, you won't be able to set your location:
https://connect.woocommerce.com/renew/square
https://connect.squareup.com/v1/me/locations
  • If you (or your host) have not properly configured your SSL certificate, Square will be unable to authenticate your site during the connection process. This can result in the Business Location not populating.
  • If your host has issues with cURL being improperly configured your site and Square will not be able to communicate

Typically the first two points are the most common and should be a quick fix for your host.

Message 12 of 44
Partner

@Chad - I'm not sure if you can mark my above answer as "the best" or not. But it would likely be helpful to your users 🙂

Message 13 of 44

Thanks for the help @Woo_Phil! 😀

Message 14 of 44

Just a quick note on the cURL issue;  You need to also make sure you have the cURL mod for PHP installed and enabled.  Having cURL setup only on the server isn't enough.  An easy way to check if this is enabled is to go to your Wordpress Admin, check under the WooCommerce/Status section.  Scroll down to the "server environment" section and look at the "cURL version" value.  If it's empty, then you know cURL is not setup for PHP.

curl.png

Message 15 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Thank you so much for sharing that @mcpherson

I'm sure that will be a huge help for your fellow WooCommerce + Square Sellers in the future. 

Message 16 of 44

This was the solution for me, thank you. Since I use VPS hosting I had to go into the WHM, go into Easy Apache, go to the PHP Module section,  scroll waaay down, and click the button to enable cURL. After I did that and refreshed my Woocommerce the location dropdown worked fine.

Message 17 of 44

I also made the changes as suggested, but the results still remains the same. 

Message 18 of 44

Thanks for your reply, I disconnect and reconnected and the system works!!

Message 19 of 44

Disconnect and reconnected worked for me as well 

Thanks

Message 20 of 44

Hi, I have the same issue, tried disconnecting and reconnecting but no luck. 

Checking the Square log, it does pull the locations, and there's no error there (see below - redacted and summarized):

09-27-2019 @ 14:09:22 - Response
Response
code: 200
(
[0] => HTTP/1.1 200 OK
[content-type] => application/json
[square-version] => 2019-08-14
[vary] => Origin, Accept-Encoding
[x-content-type-options] => nosniff
[x-download-options] => noopen
[x-frame-options] => SAMEORIGIN
[x-permitted-cross-domain-policies] => none