x

Can you adjust the size of the buttons on the grid? Also delete the unused squares on the grid?

Looking to delete ununsed boxs from our grid. We only use 6 squares and would like to make them bigger. Thank you 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller Alumni

Don't think there's any way to do that.

Message 2 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

Would you like the icons to be bigger for visibility or because you would like a "cleaner" display?

Message 3 of 18

Both reasons sir. 

Only using 6 squares.

Eyes are sore. 

Message 4 of 18
Alumni

Thanks for posting, @eastcoast - welcome to the community! Also thanks, @sciabica1936 for the answer. We've heard the request to customize the size of the boxes on the items grid before and will make sure to add your idea of deleting unused squares. Sore eyes are never a good thing! ☺️

Message 5 of 18

I also would like to change the grid. I use Square for sales of my wife's book. She has one book for sale and I would like to center a nice image of the cover on the grid and have nothing else. 

Message 6 of 18

Here's another vote for being able to change the size of the squares on the grid.  We have multiple items, using 2 1/2 pages, and, as our eyes aren't quite as good as they once were, it's difficult to locate (speedily) the item we're looking for.  Any possibility that a change will occur in the near future?

Message 7 of 18
Square

No plans to share at this time, @Wedge, but thanks for chiming in! We'll continue to share the feedback we receive here and we will update this thread if anything changes. Thanks again!

Message 8 of 18

Likewise -  we do a yard sale for the local Cat Rescue and want to have a couple grids with pictures of the cats.    THANKS

Message 9 of 18
Admin

Thanks for your interest in this @JIM-VA! We're actively collection feedback for this so I'll add your vote. If we have any updates in future we'll update this thread. 😺

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 18

Any progress on this from Square?

Message 11 of 18

Hi....I had posted a similar question yesterday and then found this thread.  This one is from 2017 so I assume no progress has been made?  I only have six squares used and would like them larger instead of a bunch of unused ones.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 18

Hello @SEEDCalifornia, welcome to the Seller Community! 

We're still collecting feedback for this feature request. We don't have any updates to share at this time. 

Message 13 of 18

Has there been any progress on the possibility of changing the appearance of the items on the grid? 

We have a self pay station and the way that the icons look now is not user-friendly for our customers. 

We only want to have 2 button choices and it's hard for them to see what these stand for with only a two letter icon and barely any space to read what they indicate.

Like others on this thread, I would love to be able to choose a picture and/or make the lettering read what I would like it to.

For example, I need mine to read NEW PATIENT or RETURNING PATIENT

Right now, they can only see two letters: "Ne" or "Re"

We have had multiple errors with our customers choosing the incorrect item. 

Also - We only have two buttons and would like to make them fill the entire screen

Is anyone proceeding to see if we can customize these?

Message 14 of 18

As an interim solution could SQUARE provide the ability to adjust the default letters for each of the boxes.  Using RCA's example:

For example, I need mine to read NEW PATIENT or RETURNING PATIENT

Right now, they can only see two letters: "Ne" or "Re"

If RCA could type:  "NEW" and "RETURN"   it would be clearer for thier customers (patients)

not a great final solution but a baby step in the right direction.

Message 15 of 18

Hello @RCA, @Wedge, and @JIM-VA.

While we don't have any updates to provide I will make sure to pass along your suggestion @JIM-VA. We are still collecting feedback for this feature request. If there are any updates a member of the Community Team will update this thread. 

I just want to thank all of you for taking the time to provide feedback and suggestions for improving Square Point of Sale. We really appreciate how much all of you care about improving the product. 😃

Message 16 of 18

I just talked to Square and this is still not an option, and does not appear that this will be an option anytime soon. Square, please give us the option of having fewer items on the grid so we can increase the tile sizes!

Message 17 of 18
Beta Member

I would like to chime in to the feature request to reduce the number of tiles, or customize the tile setup so that more text can be seen as noted by SWEETRELISHDOGS.

Message 18 of 18