x

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there an option to create categories in Appointments? I have a rather long list of services and don't like that my clients have to scroll through everything to get to what they want. If not, is it a feature coming soon?

Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

So, there is a way to do this, but it requires embedding the list on your own website. 

In appointments, under online booking, website embed: 

"View Advanced Options" button

"Create New Widget for [your company name]"

Give this widget a name - location, day of the week, etc. Whatever will help you know what is in the list.

You can select what staff are able to be booked - so you could limit it per location

You can select which services are to be included

Save

Now you will see the widget in the "Saved Custom Widget" list.

Click view the online booking page will open displaying only the staff and services you selected. 

You can copy the link URL and either send it to clients, make a link on your business website, or embed the entire widget into your site. You can even embed several widget on the same page of your website to split up categories, dates/days, location, staff, etc, keeping all services on one page, just organized by categories. Or you can devote seperate pages to specific items/staff/etc. I created a google sites (in google drive) website to try this out. works beautifully with a google site. I haven't tried it with any other site yet.  It molds right into your webpage and keeps viewers on your site and not moving to the appointments page and missing all the other content on your website.

I hope this helps those that are really struggling with the need to have this all categorized and organized better. If you have any questions about what I've done here, please ask.

Verified Answer

Re: Appointment Categories?

I see how that would be super useful, especially when you have a wide range of services offered under one roof. We don't have that option right now but we'll announce any updates as soon as they're available. 

166 Comments

I am new to Square Appointments as of today (congrats to me!) I currently have active accounts with Acuity and Mindbody and lets just say I have yet to be satisfied. After going through the Square Appointment dashboard ( within 30 day free trial), I do not see the option to have categories with different service options within each category (e.i. Kids Styles, Manicures, Facials). Ive read through all the forums and I just got off the phone with Square tech support but I still do not have the answer I need to efficiently run my business scheduler. Is there a way to create service categories so there isnt a huge long list of services? My salon has over 100+ services. It would take a client forever to find a service they need. Is there a work around? 

Square Community Moderator

@boojihair Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community. 

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as it contains a some input from fellow sellers with the same request. 

This isn't something that's available at the moment, but our Product Team is actively tracking this request. 

If we come up with anything new with this we'll be sure to update everyone. 

I also have this issue. When I check a client out via POS the service comes through as an uncategorized sale. If I invoice the client for the same service it comes through with a category. This makes reporting trickier than necessary.

Has the Square Tech department created a solution to the appointment categorization yet? I am new to Square and so far it's a slam dunk, but appointment/booking webpage looks a bit unprofessional since I have so many services to offer. I hate to have my clients have to scroll so far down to find an appointment. If this feature is available on the Point of Sale app, why is it not available on the Square admin?

Please help! I need a date of when this may be out, opening on July 15!

Square Community Moderator

Hey @onyxstudiosinc

Nothing new to report on this as of right now, nor do I have a timeline that I'm able to share on if/when this might become available. 

I know that's not the response you want to hear, but I want to be as transparent with you as possible. 

As soon as an update comes along, we'll be sure to share it with everyone. 

I own a spa and would like to have appoinments in categories such as, facials, waxing, massage, etc. Is there a way to do this? So my clients can easier choose a specific service?

Hello @scrubme

So currently categories for services in Square Appointments is not avalible. But I think it's a great feature request for businesses that offer a lot of services! I will make sure to pass the feedback to our Appointments Team. 

If you have any questions please let me know! 😀

I would like to move services around and group them. Currently I have to go in add a service and delete everything so it can go in the proper group. Now it's time to put all the other services back in it's so time consuming 

Super Seller Alumni

Are you using Square POS or Retail?  Are you talking about item categories or the Grid Layout?  Let me know and I will provide assistance.

Online booking for a spa would like to rearrange services offered  so they have a specific order and easier for clients to book