x

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there an option to create categories in Appointments? I have a rather long list of services and don't like that my clients have to scroll through everything to get to what they want. If not, is it a feature coming soon?

Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

So, there is a way to do this, but it requires embedding the list on your own website. 

In appointments, under online booking, website embed: 

"View Advanced Options" button

"Create New Widget for [your company name]"

Give this widget a name - location, day of the week, etc. Whatever will help you know what is in the list.

You can select what staff are able to be booked - so you could limit it per location

You can select which services are to be included

Save

Now you will see the widget in the "Saved Custom Widget" list.

Click view the online booking page will open displaying only the staff and services you selected. 

You can copy the link URL and either send it to clients, make a link on your business website, or embed the entire widget into your site. You can even embed several widget on the same page of your website to split up categories, dates/days, location, staff, etc, keeping all services on one page, just organized by categories. Or you can devote seperate pages to specific items/staff/etc. I created a google sites (in google drive) website to try this out. works beautifully with a google site. I haven't tried it with any other site yet.  It molds right into your webpage and keeps viewers on your site and not moving to the appointments page and missing all the other content on your website.

I hope this helps those that are really struggling with the need to have this all categorized and organized better. If you have any questions about what I've done here, please ask.

Verified Answer

Re: Appointment Categories?

I see how that would be super useful, especially when you have a wide range of services offered under one roof. We don't have that option right now but we'll announce any updates as soon as they're available. 

166 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cdogg 

Unfortunately there hasn't been any movement on this at the moment, but as @Skincare mentioned (thanks for chiming in), we have a partnership integration with Schedulicity that might work for you. 

If anything new comes along, we'll update the Community. Thanks for being patient with us on this. 

I need this too, then I will consider switching from my current scheduling software.

Setmore App allows categories and now has Square App payment in app.

I was looking to move to Square Appointment, but these are my issues, even with workarounds.

-No Android App after 2 years of deployment

-No Categories

-Embedd link issues with no resolution in sight (for Chrome).

Beta Member

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Feature Request - group services into categories" The author has been notified via email.

In the appointments portion of square, when you add services for clients to book, it would be awesome if we could group services into categories. For example I offer 20 different waxes, If I could group all the wax services into a "wax category" it would make the services more organized so clients could find what they actually wanted, instead of scrolling through the whole page. Plus we can already create categories for our Items, so why not for services?

I'm checking out Square Appointments and I see that the category issue has yet to be solved and we are nearing 2019. What's the holdup? That makes no sense!

Beta Member

I agree. This would really be helpful. Just putting my vote in.

Beta Member

Hopefully I'm not posting something redundant,  but lately I have been bothered by the amount of people who dont like to read. This makes it difficult for me to create an efficient service list that is easy for guests to navigate & book. I'd love to see the ability to list salon services in categories where descriptions & service names can be grouped together rather than one LONG list for people to search. Maybe even some drop down menus to make it last cluttered on the booking screen.  

[This post was merged from the original thread: "When will we able to have Service categories?"]

Hi. As a hairstylist, I offer many services. Some fall under the same category as in "hair  care", "extentions", 'color", and etc. I wanted to know when would we be able to categorize our services to make it easier for customers to book certain services?

Admin

Thanks for checking in and sharing why this feature is important for your business, @Queenb26. I went to look for an update but there aren't any developments that I can share out right now. A few other sellers brought up a similar request and we're keeping track of the status in this thread: Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Keep an eye out there as we'll post any updates as they come through.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  Some items that are in a category reported as uncategorized

I entered in items and assigened each item to a caterogy , i have triple checked to make sure every item is assigned!!! now when i go to do reports and all of of services go under Uncategorized i dont get it ????? it makes keeping track of things extremly hard.