x

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Is there an option to create categories in Appointments? I have a rather long list of services and don't like that my clients have to scroll through everything to get to what they want. If not, is it a feature coming soon?

Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

So, there is a way to do this, but it requires embedding the list on your own website. 

In appointments, under online booking, website embed: 

"View Advanced Options" button

"Create New Widget for [your company name]"

Give this widget a name - location, day of the week, etc. Whatever will help you know what is in the list.

You can select what staff are able to be booked - so you could limit it per location

You can select which services are to be included

Save

Now you will see the widget in the "Saved Custom Widget" list.

Click view the online booking page will open displaying only the staff and services you selected. 

You can copy the link URL and either send it to clients, make a link on your business website, or embed the entire widget into your site. You can even embed several widget on the same page of your website to split up categories, dates/days, location, staff, etc, keeping all services on one page, just organized by categories. Or you can devote seperate pages to specific items/staff/etc. I created a google sites (in google drive) website to try this out. works beautifully with a google site. I haven't tried it with any other site yet.  It molds right into your webpage and keeps viewers on your site and not moving to the appointments page and missing all the other content on your website.

I hope this helps those that are really struggling with the need to have this all categorized and organized better. If you have any questions about what I've done here, please ask.

Verified Answer

Re: Appointment Categories?

I see how that would be super useful, especially when you have a wide range of services offered under one roof. We don't have that option right now but we'll announce any updates as soon as they're available. 

166 Comments
Admin

@Studio13 At this time you can add Items to categories, but you can't add Services to categories. This is a popular request that we're tracking in this Appointments feature request thread. I'm very sorry for the frustration that this causes, we'll update this thread as soon as we have an update to share.

Beta Member

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can I list services in categories?" The author has been notified via email.

I'm trying to list specific services under specific categories. Right now all of my services are simply listed on the booking page.

I click on the triple lines and nothing happens. Are you able to elaborate on how this is to be done

Beta Member

Yes, I would love this option as well!!  Now I have to find another scheduler with categories. My previous option just raised prices to astronomical $$ for one user!! 
As a skincare provider, I have skincare, both relaxing and treatment based, waxing, body treatments, wellness, aromatherapy, etc. categories. My clients def don't want to read thru every service. 😞 
Please get those categories added. 
I did just find out where I can move my services to be in order of my choosing. But it would still be nice to click on a category, then go to those services.  Thanks!

Beta Member

@CResthetician

While the services aren't automatically alphabetized, you can change the order from the dashboard. Under appointments go to services, in the top right is an option to edit display order. once you click the button, you can grab the three lines on the side and adjust items up and down in the order you would like them to appear on the web page .

Beta Member

@crystalimages

Thanks! 🙂  I did see that after I posted.  Hopefully that will help people navigate when booking. 

What is the hold up on categories? It has been two years 😉. This is a very simple feature that items already has.

Same here! My friends find it annoying so they end up calling to book apptointments. The point of online booking is to reduce the amount of calls and make it easy for clients to book in the first place. 

Admin

That's odd @Mcamp78, from your online browser on a computer/laptop you should be able to click on the three lines and then drag the service up/down the list. It's possible that an issue with your browser is causing this trouble. Can you try these browser troubleshooting steps? You might need to switch to another browser like Chrome.

Hello, do you all have a date yet for when Categories will be an added feature for Services?