x

How do I create an invoice for one of my other locations?

I am trying to send an invoice from one of my locations but it continues to default to my first location. How do I change that?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

on this screenScreen Shot 2017-01-19 at 9.38.18 AM.png

You can choose which location you want to send it from in the top left corner under the word invoices. That is a drop down box allowing you to chose one of your other locations.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

on this screenScreen Shot 2017-01-19 at 9.38.18 AM.png

You can choose which location you want to send it from in the top left corner under the word invoices. That is a drop down box allowing you to chose one of your other locations.

Message 2 of 8

I do not see this option on my screen at all it just keeps defaulting. 

Message 3 of 8

Hey @gearprollc, if you have already created an invoice the locations tab will be more towards the center of the page. Check out the screen shot below. 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! 😀

Message 4 of 8

This does not explain how to create an invoice for a specific location. It explains how to sort invoices by location. If you click on "create invoice" there doesn't seem to be a toggle switch to specify which location the invoice is for. Can you clarify? Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@abbyq I'm sorry for the confusion. From your nline Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in and navigate to the Invoices section.
  2. Click on the location dropdown > choose the correct location. (In the screenshot below the name of the location is 'Location Name'.)
  3. Click Create Invoice.

When you've followed these stepsto create the invoice, click Preview and you should see that the invoice is automatically formatted to match the location in question.

I hope this helps, and thank you for the feedback - I agree it would be useful to be able to see or switch the location when building the invoice! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 8

I cannot see nor can I access any of my other locations from the invoice app. So far this article only talks about how to do it online, what good is the invoicing app if you can only do it for one location? I have some outstanding invoices I need resent and I cannot figure out how to access them ex except from my desktop. How do you access invoices at various locations from the app?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @musicstrong!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced between having multiple locations and using the Square app. 

Just like with the Point of Sale app, if you want to take payments, and invoices from a specific location, you'll need to log out of the app and log back in to be able to select a different location:

Does that work for you? Please let me know. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 8