x

Paid invoices and email notification to customers

I've started using Square invoices and am enjoying the convenience. However, when a customer pays an invoice via check and I mark it as paid, they are receiving a paid notification and some don't want that. I can't find a way to turn them off in email settings. Is this currently possible or am I missing how to turn them off? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

There is not a way to prevent this if you process your checks via the Square Point of Sale app.  If you do it in the online dashboard you can uncheck "Notify recipients that this invoice was paid."  The sale still posts in the app and you can put the check in the drawer.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

There is not a way to prevent this if you process your checks via the Square Point of Sale app.  If you do it in the online dashboard you can uncheck "Notify recipients that this invoice was paid."  The sale still posts in the app and you can put the check in the drawer.

Message 2 of 6

I checked this box and my customer was still sent a paid notification. Is there anything else i need to do to prevent this from happening?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

That's strange @GentleStrength, if you make sure the box is unchecked your customers should not receive an email. (However, as the business owner, you will still receive an email notifiying you the invoice has been paid).

If this happens again can you reply here to let me know or call our CS team so we can investiagte? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

This may be a different thread, but I would prefer not to receive emails when I create invoices nor when they are paid. Is there a way to turn that notification off? 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @312beef

There is a way to turn notifications off! You can do so from the Square Dashboard > Invoices > Settings > Notifications. If you have any further questions please let me know. 

Message 6 of 6