x

How do I add a mailing address on my printed invoice?

I'm fairly sure this is not possible currently, but can it be? Is it hard to add?

I have several clients to whom I mail a physical invoice, and they mail me a check - but there is no way to list my physical address on my printed invoice. This seems like an oversight - and hopefully an easy thing to correct. 

I'm currently affixing stickers, or writing my address on the invoice, which is unprofessional. 

Help?

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @JamesWilliamson !

The address on the invoices is pulled directly from your information for your business.

On your Dashboard, go to Account & Settings -> Business -> Locations. Choose your business from this list and verify the address is correct here. If you have your business set as a mobile business, the address won't show. You'll have to make your location physical to have the address print.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Super Seller Alumni

If you have your business set up as mobile and not physical this will prevent the address from showing up.  In your Dashboard go to Account & Settings / Location.  Change your business from mobile to physical and enter your address.

Message 2 of 22

My business is/has been set to physical with an address.

The problem persists – the address does not print on physical invoices.

I can only customize “receipts” to include the address (and even at that, it’s a bulky showing of the map, etc.)

I just want the simple address line listed on an invoice.

Message 3 of 22
Alumni

Hi @mattsteinruck - Have you tried using the "notes" section of the Invoice to include your address? 

Message 4 of 22

I have sent an invoice to someone, and in order to pay it they require that my business address is listed on the invoice.  I can't figure out how to add it.

Message 5 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Glwick. Thanks for taking the time to ask your question here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post with similar thread of Sellers asking the same question. I would take a look at this Best Answer from RHatch - he lists some helpful tips in regards to adding an address to an Invoice.

Let me know if you have any questions! I am here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 22

I was able to add it in the message section in my Invoice Template. Very simple fix.

"Please remit via credit/debit card or ACH.

If mailing a check, please remit to:

Biz Name

Biz Address"

Save the template.

Message 7 of 22

When I send an Invoice to my customers it doesn't display my address for them to see. How can i add my company address to the invoice so its visible to the Customer? 

Message 8 of 22
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @JamesWilliamson !

The address on the invoices is pulled directly from your information for your business.

On your Dashboard, go to Account & Settings -> Business -> Locations. Choose your business from this list and verify the address is correct here. If you have your business set as a mobile business, the address won't show. You'll have to make your location physical to have the address print.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 9 of 22
Beta Member

I am about to switch to quickbooks because square is intentionally preventing us from having our address on the invoice because they dont make money when someone sends a check. I have been with square for a couple years and it used to show on the invoice. I have my business as a physical address and NOT a mobile address but it will not show the address on the invoice. Furthermore, I cannot get anyone on the phone. I am FRUSTRATED!

Message 10 of 22
Admin

@mattsteinruck @southernlandsca It sounds like something may not be set up correctly in your settings. I just created an invoice through my demo account and the business address is showing at the bottom of the invoice. 

If ryan's answer above still isn't getting you where you need to be with the address, you may want to reach out to our Support team so they can check a few things for you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 22

Did not work.  My address is not printing on full page invoices.  I do not have my business set up as mobile.

Message 12 of 22

We're actually about to do the same thing. 

Message 13 of 22

I just continued to type my address immediately after business name if you go into your settings (location). I realize it may not produce exactly the results you are looking for and I agree with you, but it will get your address on your printed or sent (emailed) invoices.

Message 14 of 22

I agree with you, this needs to be corrected asap!

Message 15 of 22

Hello @countrylock,

Welcome to the Seller community and congrats on your first post! While there isn't a field to input a physical address on a standard invoice currently, with Square invoices plus you will have the ability to add  up to two customized invoice fields.

Square Invoices Plus is $20 per month, with a discounted rate of $15 per month for your first year. If this sounds like something that would benefit you, the ability to enroll in a free 30 trial is an option.

Hope this gives you a starting point, let us know what you think!

Frida
Message 16 of 22

I just solved this riddle with the help of a CS rep! 

Accounts & Settings > Business > Receipt > Scroll down and toggle 'show location' to the on position.

I know this is in the 'receipt' section and we're talking about invoices, but it's also showing up on my invoices. Hooray!

Hope this helps!

Message 17 of 22
Beta Member

This TOTALLY WORKED!!!!  Awesome!!

THANK YOU!

Message 18 of 22

THANK YOU!!!

Message 19 of 22

Yes!! Been trying to figure out this for the longest. It works!! Thank you Jenny!

Message 20 of 22

Hey there @Eggsack43 👋

Keep in mind that if you followed the steps provided by @JennyEPhoto, the changes might not reflect on invoices that have been already generated or sent. If it still doesn't work then our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 21 of 22