x

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Just got and android device, wondering if square appointment app is compatible with it? Not seeing app I'm store.

Thank you in advance.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Hi everyone - I have some exciting news to share. We are now recruiting sellers for an early access Android app

Read more at Devon's post linked above.

159 Comments

Is there any time frame for a android app beta whill be out 

Admin

Hey @simassageguy, welcome to the seller community and thanks for your post! I went to check for any developments since Devon's last update, but there isn't anything we can share out at this time. Please keep in touch as we'll circle back with any other details.

In other words, nothing has been done.. since the start of this thread and no plans are in the work and again we (Android users) get the same generic vague answer.  My free contract from Bookfresh will be coming to an end at the end of this month.  I think I'll be switching to another company for appointments and CC processing.  This is ridiculous.  $50 a month for booking appointments and 2.75% of CC processing fees (Basically adding up to $3K+ a year or more for me) and you people can't come up with an app for Android users. You want our money but you don't want to help us out any by making it accessible to all..only to the " I " people.   WE pay too.. NOT just "I" people!   Make it fair for all since you're charging and taking the money for it!!! 
It seriously does not take over a year to come up with something that will work for ANDROID!!!  Why can't y'all just admit it.. you're not doing it, no one has "plans" to do it.  Be honest instead of taking our money and not doing anything for us.  

Is there any update to this? Doesn't seem like it would take more than a few days to make an appointment app. Acuity scheduling looks like a good option in case you guys are getting tired of waiting. It's cheaper too. 

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a year and a half and I'm very disappointed to see zero progress. This is the only app I've ever needed that didn't have an android option and booking software is one of the most important things for my business. It's extremely frustrating to have such a huge company not be able to make an app. 

@julietpae  You will most likely never see one, seeing that there has been wait on this for over a year.  It's clearly obvious there are ZERO intentions of ever having one.  Dissappointing to say the least.   Keep asking the same question, you'll get the same answer over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.   "We're forwarding this to our development team", "We're working on it", "We'll let you know when there is a beta version available".  
This will be us before an app for Android is ever made.   Time to just move on...

Android users waiting for Square appointment app...Android users waiting for Square appointment app...

Beta Member

You are right, Agent929.... Acuity is a cheaper alternative... the only winner for me is text reminders and Acuity has THAT for $25 per month, as well as an Android app!! 🙂 Thank you for posting the referral. Right now I am subscribed to Square Appointments at $25 per month, but if I can go somewhere else and pay the same AND have an app, and potentially better service, I'll do that. 

It is very disappointing to see Square market solely to iPhone users (hence the new chip POS free marketing material). As we can see from the new phones coming out, I debated getting an iPhone just because of the app issue, but I love the widgets on Android and the more freedom to move and be creative like us entrepreneurs are, not fit into a box!

I switched to Calendly temporarily, but honestly that one is NOT good, I have heard a lot of good things about Acuity. I will definitely be seriously considering the switch! I am a daily Square POS user and it is disappointing like I said that us Android users are not taken care of. 

Beta Member

Any update to this yet? 

I mean it's a bit asinine to be taking this long don't you think? 

I don't even care about the integrated POS that the iPhone app has on the appointments app. It would just be nice to be able to have an app for appointments only.