x

Appointments: Deleting the pre-written "Required Cancellation Policy"

I am setting up my cancellation policy but it keeps showing the pre-written "required cancellation policy" as well. How do I delete the pre-written policy so that it only shows my own?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

@Evolve It sounds like you have enabled the 'Booking with No-Show Protection' in your Payments & Cancellations settings. When you select this setting, you can add your own cancellation policy (see the first screenshot below), but it's not possible to edit or remove the Required Cancellation Policy. This is to make sure clients understand your cancellation policy, and re-iterates that they may be charged a cancellation fee. Including this message also helps Square protect you in the event you receive a chargeback after charging a cancellation fee.

With the other settings, 'Booking without No-Show Protection' and 'Require Pre-Payment', you can enter your own cancellation policy wording. 

I'll share your request to be able to edit the 'Required Cancellation Policy' with the Appointments team. Is that it doesn't match the tone of your business or there anything specific about the wording you'd like to change? Please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 8

I am also having this same problem. I would like to edit my cancellation policy but am unable to change the wording now that it has been set. The same policy continues to show up to my customers even when I have changed it in the prepayment option. The policy as stated is not relevant to my customers.

Message 3 of 8

My cancellation policy requires 48 hours and your preset is 1 day.  Therefore the policies contradict one another.  I fear this could lead to headaches.  

Message 4 of 8

Hello, I am also experiencing this issue and it has not been resolved.  In Appointments ->Settings->Payments and Cancellations there are a few issues. 

Under Required Cancellation Policy, it says "We ask that you please reschedule or cancel at least 1 day before the beginning of your appointment."
You have the ability to highlight this text, but are unable to edit.  If you had a cancellation policy that was different than 24 hours this causes issues.  Also, this verbiage is not great - please give us the ability to edit/customize to what fits our specific business needs. My business does not "ask" patients to reschedule/cancel in advance, we require it.

If you add additional verbiage under "Add to your Cancellation Policy", it is just added right above the preset wording.  It does not read correctly and is confusing. 

Also, in every other instance of communication with my clients I use "24 hours", "48 hours" etc. The preset wording uses "1 Day", this makes my communications inconsistent and allows for the clients to possibly misinterpret what exactly is "1 Day". 

Message 5 of 8

This request to remove or edit the Required Cancellation Policy has been requested on this thread for over three (3) years. It is an obvious problem for the community, myself included. The fix seems minimal yet no action has been taken. Please address to maintain confidence with this system.

Message 6 of 8

hi! i actually had the same problem and was aggravated by the contradiction, i changed my cut off time and then it updated in the pre written part of the cancellation policy.

First, you’ll need to set a cut-off time for cancellations:

1. Head to the Settings tab of your Appointments dashboard > click Calendar & Booking.

2. Scroll down to Cut-off time for allowing clients to cancel or reschedule > set a cut-off window.

3. Click Save

hope this helps you (:

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing this workaround @dionnadidthatll

PS. I noticed it's your first post in the Seller Community, welcome 🙂

Message 8 of 8