x

Category Reporting: How do I view the information that I can see in the app on my Dashboard?

I would like an option on the website dashboard to let me customize the Category Reporting to give me the details under each category. The mobile app provides the information under the Reports - Sales - Category Sales, but when I try to do the same on the web dashboard, this is not an option.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @uptownbarber. Can you provide a bit more information about the detail you want to see under Category Sales on the Dashboard?

If you'd like see the item names you can try the Item Sales report instead. When you export that report you could filter the CSV file by Category. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

I would like to show you with screenshots but I know this post is public. So I will type out an example.

On the computer it shows as below:

CATEGORIES  COUNT DOLLAR

Category 1            4           $30

Category 2           7           $50

Category 3           5           $60

On the iPhone/iPad (Square POS) it shows as below:

CATEGORIES  COUNT DOLLAR

Category 1

ITEM 1            5             $40     

ITEM 2            7            $80

ITEM 3            5            $50

Category 2

ITEM 1            7             $80     

ITEM 2            7            $80

ITEM 3            5            $100

Why isn't the breakdown on the computer dashboard like it is on the iOS POS App?

Is this something that can be added on the computer dashboard?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for your reply @uptownbarber! This information is in the Dashboard but it's in the Item Sales report instead of the Category Sales report. When you export the report > sort if by the category column the report is rearranged by category so you can see the item sold, the number of the item you sold and the gross (and net) sales too.

I agree it would be really useful to have a way to see exactly the same thing on your Dashboard as you see in the app! I'll share this feedback with the Reporting team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 6

@Helen Hi, I am aware of the items sales report, but I cannot get it to how I want it like it is on the iOS POS Reporting. Here is the reason, because there is no way to track sales by person, and since my employees are paid by commission, I had to develop a work around. I use the Category as my "Employee" and track the items sold by each Category, this helps when I have two employees working with two family members, for example: father and son are getting a haircut. Rather than me charging the customer twice under each employee and getting hit with double the fee, I have the employee ringout each of their work under "Category" for their services, now it can be tracked as who did what for the day regardless of who is at the register to close the ticket. This is why I would love the feature added to the computer dashboard, either developed into the Category Sales report or given the option under Custom Reporting. This will really help me when it comes time to do my weekly payroll, I can then extract my custom report, total my sales per employee, I also have two categories to split between each employee (services and product sales), get my numbers to do my payouts for the week. Currently I am manually typing this information into an excel spreadsheet, which is a little fustrating considering the fact that I can extract data in CSV and Excel format from the dashboard but not able to get the details I need under Category Sales ( Include Per Item Breakdown). Also, it is a little annoying that I have to login and logout to get the data for each of my locations, its almost like I have to have the app installed three times for each location so I don't have to login and out everytime to get my numbers. I don't know how serious you take remarks and requset on here, or if you are programmed to say, "we are looking into it", but it would be really helpful if request like this were taken into consideration and a patch is acutally sent out to fix this. I know there are MANY other business with this exact same issue, but they are probably unsure of where to ask or how to ask. From all this, if the reporting cannot be done soon, at least input a patch and update so we don't have to logoff and on in the iOS app for each location, give us an option under setting to pick from our list of locations so we can toggle between all three. Thanks again Helen for responding, looking forward to hearing back from you.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi again @uptownbarber, I'm so sorry for this late reply. I understand why you'd like the same information to appear on the Dashboard as it does in the app. Requests like this are very important and I'll share this with the Reporting team. 

In the meantime, I just wanted to add that with Employee Management staff can take payments on your behalf, and you can use employee reports to track sales and commission. There is general information and pricing details for Employee management for Employee Mangement online. The steps to use Employee Management and Open Tickets to Track Sales and Commission are in this Product Update post. 

If it's not suitable for your business now it's something to consider in future! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 6