x

How can I prevent my square reader from accepting cash?

We don't accept cash (using the reader).  How can I remove cash as a payment option?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @JonathanB - Check out Customize Payment Types in Point of Sale for more detailed steps on how it's done. 👍

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

We currently don't have a way to remove the "Cash" option from your Square Register but thank you for taking the time to post! I'll send that request over to our Product Liaison team. 

Message 2 of 10

Please do. The cash option on a credit card reader is ridiculous. I know you're trying to expand your services but the new "upgrade" is crap.

Message 3 of 10

Yes It woudl be a great feature if one could turn off the ability to accept cash payments so that the register could be used as a self checkout or avoid cashier error at an establishment that does not accept cash.

Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I want my customers to be able to make an order by themselves on the tablet and allow them to swipe the card.

It would be awesome to adjust my payment settings to accept card only. That way a customer can't press "cash" on accident. I don't want to accept checks either. Anyone?

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Square

Hi @Steve33 — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from Kelly here.

Message 6 of 10

Has this problem been fixed? We do not want to accept cash.

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

@Mapwoman Unfortunately there's nothing new on this. While this isn't on our roadmap at the moment, we'll be sure to announce if this changes. 

Message 8 of 10

So it is now 2019... 3 years later, this obviously has been fixed by now. Can you explain how to do this? 

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @JonathanB - Check out Customize Payment Types in Point of Sale for more detailed steps on how it's done. 👍

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 10