x

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Inventory: Can you bundle items together as a single item or special?

We have multiple products for the same price.   We offer a 3 for $20 special, which is a mix & match of any three products.   How do I handle the inventory count?   Do I need to add each item with the discounted amount, so at check out I would have to select three discounted items?   Or do I add each item at the regular amount and apply an overall discount?

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create a Gift Basket, to be sold as one item, pulling numerous items from s...

Hey @FurnishbyIsa and welcome to the Community!

This isn't something we offer at this time. 

This would be a feature request we can pass up but I haven't seen any other requests for this yet. Hopefully other sellers who are looking for this can add onto the thread!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Can square reduce inventory of two different items sold as one?

Hi there!

Unfortunately for bundle created items that combine two separate items together will not reduce your inventory for each. 

What you can do is create a discount and apply it to the sale when both items are purchased together.

This will reduce your inventory and also reduce the price to the amount that you like. 

Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to track inventory with a mix & match 3 for $20 special?

Hey @Baconation, thanks for surfacing!

I can see how this would be a bit tricky for your 3-for-$20 special, especially since inventory is a high priority.

Depending on how you need to track your items, I have three suggestions:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

I understand how automating this would be super helpful for your business and I'll be sure to share your experience with our product liaison team. 

Find step-by-steps on applying discounts in our Support Center.

Hope this helps clear things up for now. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

291 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Bscfrnd

First and foremost I want to apologize if we've given off an apathetic tone, as that's definitely not what we're aiming for and not how we feel when it comes to these important features that are needed to help run your business successfully. 

Feature requests, timelines on product updates, and road maps are super frustrating for us as much as it is for you. We certainly advocate for these changes to be made based off of the feedback and the posts that we see every day in the Community. 

Unfortunately we're just not able to share specifics around road maps and product updates, including timelines, since these things can be very dynamic and uncertain. We often don't announce a product update until the day that it's released to everyone. 

Our Product team absolutely monitors these boards, and one cool thing about the Seller Community is that you'll often see them responding directly on a few threads. 

When it comes to feature requests, we use all of this feedback to help us prioritize what we work on soon, and what we unfortunately have to delay until later. There's nothing new to report around the status of this feature, but if anything changes we'll definitely update you all. 

We sell individual flight sized beers but we also offer “taste the rainbow” which includes all 12 of our flight sized beers.  

Is it possible to group the 12 sample sized beers together so we can just push one button to add all 12 sample beers?

Admin

Hey @Riverstyx! This is a popular request but there isn't a way to track inventory for grouped items or flights of beer in your example at this time. I can see how it would be a really useful and I'll send your request to the Inventory team! 

I agree that this is something square really needs to improve on. We're a candle company with hundrends of scents and products. And we offer some what of the same deals. "Buy 5 get one free" "buy 3 save a dollar" and applying these discounts is sooo consuming and labor-intensive. I think square needs to create some sort of "if, than, that" module for discounts and sales.

For Example: 

Say you have a Fall Collection of scented candles and we're assumeing the candles are $6.00 a piece and you wanted to run a sale saying "Buy any 5 candles from the fall collection and get one free" It would look something like:

IF - any SKU in this catagory "Fall Collection" is rang up 6 times / THEN - Apply a discount of $6.00 

OR

Say your doing a BOGO sale and your doing "buy any candle and get the second one 50% Off"

IF - any SKU in catagory A or catagory B is rang up 2 times / THEN - Apply a discount of 50%

Maybe have a check box that says "Always apply discount to cheepist item in the sale" or something. 

I also think that Square should allow us to apply date ranges to discounts and sales so that if I'm running a promo through a certain date then the sale will deactivate automatically on the day that I've set the sale to end on.  

I think giving us the ability to apply an SKU to a sale or discount would also be useful so that we can print barcodes on coupons that my cashiers can just scan. 

Basically the sales and discounts just need a major upgrade on Square dashboard and POS.

How do I set up a combo platter with two sides on my POS?

Admin

Hey @hotpursuit, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up. It sounds like you may find what you're looking for with the modifier set option—which would allow you to sell a combo platter as an item, then apply the appropriate mix of food as needed. Have a look here for more details on how you can set this up and apply different prices: Create and Manage Item Modifiers.

You may also be interested in Square for Restaurants, which we recently introduced.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns about this.

Beta Member

Is it possible to group item inventory together. Example: I have Box A in my inventory as well as Item A in my inventory. There are 5 of Item A in Box A. If I sell Box A will it pull out 1 out of inventory of Box A and 5 out of inventory of Item A?

This seems like such a basic thing that should be included.

Hello @Medusa

Another seller already asked a similar question, so I've gone ahead and moved your post to this thread so we can track all of the feedback in one place. 

If there are any updates on this feature request, a member of the Community Team will post it here. 

I sell indiviual Items that I now want to also sell in package or sell as sets, is there a way for square to deduct each item in this box from inventory, without having to sell each item indiviualy?

Super Seller

currently, there is not a bundle option to sell 5 items together for a set price.  you would need to create a second price variation on the item called bundle or something and add each one to the cart at the lower price.