x

Can I have my email address default with all purchases at new vendors?

I have one credit card that I use for incidentals when I'm out. It gets annoying to have to enter in my email address every time I use the card at a new vendor. You already know the card, I use it everywhere, so is there a way for me as a buyer to have my email address default in the address screen? Of course I'd like to be able to change it if necessary, but it would be great not to have to type it in every time! It would also be great if I could log in somewhere to see what square purchases I've made as well. 

Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Thanks for checking in here, @preludia! Our automatic receipt feature allows you to associate your email address with your payment card so that you don't have to enter it in each time you're making a purchase with a Square seller.

Is there any chance you might have opted out at an earlier date? Either way, you can be sure that you're set up for automatic receipts by following these steps: How can I resubscribe to Automatic Receipts.

If this doesn't clear things up, please let our Support Team know and they'll be able to take a look behind the scenes. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Yes, I know you can do it at an individual seller. I was hoping I could default my email at ALL sellers, even ones i haven't visited before. Any thoughts on this?  

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Ah, yes. That's the way it should work—as long as you have either your email or phone number associated with a particular payment card, the receipt will automatically send out as long as the seller is within Square's network (even if you haven't visited them before).

If you have your receipt preferences set to "Automatically send me Square digital receipts" and you're not receiving receipts from Square sellers when using that particular payment card, it might be best to check in with our Support Team. They would need the exact amount, date, and last four digits of the card for a recent payment to be able to take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4