x

Can I send an Invoice to an overseas customer?

I have a customer in the UK who like to pay by invoice.  Is it possible to do this with square invoice? 

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Happy to follow up here.

Our Payment Services allow you to accept payments from any US-issued and most non-US issued credit, debit, prepaid, or gift cards with the American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa logos. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Hi all,

just registered for squareup to use The possibility of writing invoices to customers. We watched Different Videos and Read The instructions. But unfortanetly i can't find invoices Anywhere in my dashboard or The menu. Anybody Know how to activate those function or isn't it Possible to use this function out of US. For Example i would like to use it from Germany. 

Thanks for your help

Message 2 of 40
Admin

Hello @PKitzen — thanks for bringing this up! At this time, invoices are only available in Canada, Japan, and the United States. Have a look at this reply for more information. Hope this helps clear things up for now. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 40

Hi, is there any chance to allow at least the generation of invoices —WITHOUT PAYMENT OPTION— for the non-supported countries? As retail store daily we need the ability to at least generate invoices to give to clients. Giving us this option is of a high-importance since this is how we do bussiness, even if the payment method will be only IN-PERSON.

Message 4 of 40

I am trying to create a purchase order and the vendor is in Canada. When I enter their information there is no where for me to put country so it reads the address as invalid. Is there a way to do this that maybe I'm not thinking of?

Message 5 of 40
Square

Hi @signalreturn — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more detail.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 40

I rent a vacation condo in the U.S. and have many guests from outside the U.S.  Is it true that I cannot send them an invoice for their deposit that they can pay with their credit card in another country?

Message 7 of 40
Square

Hi @Westwinds, I moved your question to another thread about international Invoices specifically. Check out the info here, thanks!

Message 8 of 40

Where is this international invoices? 

Message 9 of 40

Hello!

I am trying to follow this thread but it keeps referencing another thread with no link attached. Can you tell me if my customer in the UK able to pay my invoice or do I need to send an invoice using a different platform? 

Message 10 of 40
Admin

Hi! Yes you can send a Square Invoice to customer in the UK. That customer can use one of these accepted card brands to pay your invoice.

Sorry for any confusion about this thread! To keep the Community organized we (Community Admins like me!) move questions on the same topic into threads — but it's not always obvious we've done this. To make this clearer we're now adding a note at the top of merged posts like 'This reply was created from merging an existing thread'.

If you have any other questions about Invoices or the Community I'm happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 40

I want to invoice a friend in Canada for $76 in US funds.  Do I use my $$ amount for the invoice, or do I request the amount in her conversion amount?

Message 12 of 40
Square

Hi @twinmom7, currently you can only send an invoice when you are located the country of your account activation. I moved our post to another thread on this topic but let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks!

Message 13 of 40

I think you misunderstood,  she is located in the US and needs to send the invoice to someone in Canada.  If she sends the invoice in USD will they be billed in Canadian dollars??

Message 14 of 40
Square Community Moderator

Hi @lalalaurabeth -

When invoicing a customer in another country, it gets a little weird. In this instance, you're going to invoice the seller in USD. Once the customer pays with their CA credit/debit card, the payment will process in CAD with the customer paying a conversion cost to their financial institute. 

Let me know if this is still murky!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 40
Square

Best Answer

Happy to follow up here.

Our Payment Services allow you to accept payments from any US-issued and most non-US issued credit, debit, prepaid, or gift cards with the American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa logos. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 16 of 40

Payer is in Ireland, no zip codes. Can they leave the field blank?

Message 17 of 40
Alumni

Hi @StreetEatsDSM

Your customer can try processing the payment by entering 00000 as their zip code

I hope this helps - happy selling!

Message 18 of 40

Hi Sean, 

So, if the client is physically located outside the USA (ex. Singapore) and receive an online Square invoice from me (issued/sent from California USA) -- the client can still pay the invoice with any US-issued and most non-US issued credit, debit, prepaid, or gift cards with the American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa logos?

Thank you!

Message 19 of 40
Admin

@SH8 You got it! 👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 20 of 40

Is this now possible with Square being released in UK?

Message 21 of 40