x

Understanding Square reports: How to view items sold with deposit details

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Understanding Square reports

I'm having trouble understanding the square reports...  Or, getting the reports I want to see.

I'm looking for a report that shows me how much money was deposited.  I want to sort it based on the items I've sold.  

I thought I was close with item sales in report builder.  But it's showing Gross as the same amount as net.  Shouldn't net be showing me Gross minus fees?  I don't understand why the columns are the same in the report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7z01a92eqmnwjm/net-vs-gross.jpg?dl=0

How do I get a report to show me how much money was deposted that I can sort based on item sales?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Found a CSV file I can use.  This will work...

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Item-Sales-quot-net-sales-quot-don-t-include-Squ...

But I still don't understand the point of that other report.  Or why there isn't an option to add the deposited amount in report builder.  It would be super handy.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hello @JLEPTA! Have you looked at the Deposits Report? It has the details of your deposits, as well as a breakdown of the transactions included in each deposit. Hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Helen,

I only see day by day...  And when I download the csv file for the complete date range, it doesn't include the item sold.  That was actually the first report I tried to download!  

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Oh yes, you're right! Sorry about that. The purpose of including a transaction list in the Deposits report is in case you take a payment after your close of day (the default is  5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET). Any transaction taken after you close of day is included in your next deposit. So this report is a way to see exactly which payments are included in each deposit.

But I agree it would be handy to see the item name in that report. I'll share this thought with the Reporting team. In the meantime I hope the Item Sales report is useful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5