x

Why isn't the credit card payment option available on my app?

I am trying to process a credit card payment on my Square app but it is not showing credit cards as an option it is only showing cash or gift card.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@mirandarayee, First, Where are you located?  most of the time this issue is because the user isn't in an area serviced by Square.

Message 2 of 7

[Personal Information Redacted] 

Message 3 of 7

I am having the same problem with my app. I do not have "credit card" listed as a payment type. How can I add credit card to my options?

Message 4 of 7
Admin

@HKC1 I see that you were able to contact our CS team about this already, and they were able to help you out!

For anyone else reading this, if the app can't detect the reader for any reason you won't see the option to accept credit cards. Instead, you'll see a list of other options like Manual Credit Card Entry or Other. Note: "Other" means you're recording the payment, the card will not be charged. 

These magstripe reader these troubleshooting steps should help anyone experiencing this issue. Or if you have the Contactless and Chip card reader check out these troubleshooting steps

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 7

It’s keeps saying it can’t approve my account for credit card payment. Why is that? I know I put down all the correct info

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ChrisB1 - so sorry for the trouble. I would take a look into this thread of Sellers who also had this issue. You should be able to find some helpful troubleshooting steps there.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7