Add Custom Buttons!

by tradey on ‎06-07-2016 04:05 AM - last edited on ‎06-08-2016 10:29 AM by Employee Moderator

I think we should be able to change the default buttons that come within every Weebly theme to any custom button that we wish to, and that includes the 'Add to Cart', 'Buy Now' 'Continue', and 'Checkout' buttons. We should also have the ability to change the backgroud color for instance when someone hovers or clicks on it. Hope there would be an app for this.

Comments
by HiddenStories
on ‎04-16-2016 09:04 AM - last edited on ‎04-19-2016 01:51 PM by Community Manager

I love the clean simple look of the default buttons, but i would love it more if the selection of buttons was larger... Just saying Smiley Wink 

by Employee Moderator
on ‎04-16-2016 12:52 PM

A lot of the buttons we have are designed to match the overall look of the theme being used for the site, but more button options would always be a good idea! Thanks for sugestion! 

Currently, a way around this is to Google Image search 'Website Buttons' which should present you with a list of images of buttons, you can upload one of those to your website and then just link the image of the button to whever you want it to go.. kind of like this: http://mattdthemetest.weebly.com/custom-button.html

by mandismuses
on ‎04-19-2016 12:19 PM

It'd be nice to adust the buttons as well as the colors. Sometimes I want buttons to be two different colors to set off a page background. Before, you used to be able to change colors/fonts of individual elements separately. Now you can't, and it'd be nice to be able to tweak colors again to give buttons a fresh, cohesive look with whatever brand we're building instead of them ALL looking the same.

by Sarageir
‎04-20-2016 03:57 AM - edited ‎04-20-2016 04:02 AM

@Starworshipper But sometimes we need buttons! Like Add to Cart and in the Contact form... Personally I would like my button to be just Text.. no button around it

by Ayolani
on ‎04-21-2016 12:35 AM - last edited on ‎04-27-2016 10:18 AM by Employee Moderator

Hi all!

I am working on my website and love using hearts because they are very significant for my business. 

I would love to have the possibility of changing the button that is available to being able to use whatever shape we would like. If this was possible, I would have beautiful coloured hearts as buttons...

What do you say peeps?

by Sarageir
on ‎04-21-2016 08:32 AM

I agree! I would love to have buttons that are just text.. plain and simple..

Apparently you can in some ways have custom buttons (Upload an image of one and link the image to whatever the button was supposed to link over to).. Buuut.. you can't always do that, like with the contact form and add to cart button and etc... More options would be great!

by bobafett
on ‎04-21-2016 10:55 AM
Have you thought about making an image of whatever and attaching a link to it?
by MRoden
on ‎04-21-2016 02:41 PM

Maybe Weebly could provide a set of basic button shapes to select from? Or perhaps they could let more adventurous folks import a JPG for use as the background button shap?

by TP_Presents
on ‎04-23-2016 02:35 PM

Brilliant ideas. At what point are we going to know if our opinion matters. For the most part we are chatting with each other?

by Heirloom_Angel
on ‎04-27-2016 08:08 AM

@TP_Presents I don't think we are chatting with each other. Smiley Wink  (Have a look at the list of ideas dev is already considering and has completed -- pretty impressive in my personal opinion.)   Since I've started with Weebly, it has improved leaps & bounds!  Smiley Happy

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors