x

Can you edit the "actual amount" box once the drawer report is done? Employee put the wrong amt.

A new employee was counting out the drawer adn accidentally put the amount the drawer starts with "Starting Cash" amt in the spot for the "Actual Amount" which left a huge difference, showing we were way off from the "extpected amount" can this be changed/edited/fixed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @bdyoung2, thanks for surfacing this.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with this drawer report. Currently, it is not possible to make edits to a cash drawer report after it's been closed. Our Point of Sale team is tracking this request and I'll be sure to surface your experience with them.

For now, you may need to reconcile this outside of the app. Please do keep in touch as we're constantly making improvements based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  How do I void a payout after the day has already closed?

I had an untrained employee record a $100 payout on a day we aren't even open. Does anybody know how to void or delete this? I'm always going to look $100 short.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @queenofgreens. It's currently not possible to edit a closed cash drawer which I think is what happened? We're tracking this request in a separate thread here. I appreciate how this would help especially when training new employees! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4