x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments
Beta Member

same

we are booking 5 people per slot and they are booking online, is that what (and it seems that way) what others on this thread are asking for but doesnt exist right? we need the ability to book 5 people @5 pm and 5 people at 6pm etc...

Admin

Hey @teresa, thanks for reaching out.

You're correct. At this time, the only way to create overlapping appointments for multiple people per time slot is by by heading over to your Appointments Calendar and manually entering in each person's appointment — the option for them to do this on their own is still not available.

We are still tracking this request and we will reply with any other updates as soon as their available. Appreciate your patience!

I would like more then one client to be able to book the same appointment. Is there a way for multiple clients to book the same appointment?

Square

Hi @teese, welcome to the Community! I moved your post to an existing thread on this topic. Take a look at Sean's response on the first page. Thanks!

Hi Tom, I would appreciate when this would become available as I'd like to book to two people per timeslot not just one. I teach semi-private swim lessons and teach two childrn at once. Looking forward to this feautre being added. Please keep us posted. 

Any update on group sessions or group scheduling through Square appointments?

Square

Hi @PapasPumpkinP! While I don't have any updates to share at this time, I promise to update this thread with any future announcements. Thanks for taking the time to check up on this. 

Hi,

Yes I am interested in using appointments for group lessons as well, where multiple individuals can register for a specified time session.

My business need this service as well.