x

Remaining year-end inventory report

I am trying to create a report that shows my year-end inventory that I still have in stock. I would like to include quantity, price and price extensions.

The year-end inventory report on my dashboard lists everything that I sold -- not what I have remaining in stock.

Does anyone know if this kind of report can be generated?

Message 1 of 52
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Remaining year-end inventory report

@BBG - You'll need to navigate to a location specific dashboard first. Here is how:

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your Square Dashboard

2. Click on any item.

3. Under "Inventory," select a Location and press "Go."

Hope this helps! 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Square Support advises this:  

Manage Inventory and Alerts In Bulk

The Import tool allows you to download a report of your current inventory and update your inventory quantities in bulk. This is especially helpful for adding new inventory and verifying current stock.

To download an inventory report or make updates to your inventory in bulk:

1. Visit the Item Library.
  2. Click Import Inventory from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click “Download our template file” to download your current inventory CSV report.
  4. In this report, update your Stock Alert Enabled [Location] and New Quantity values and save the CSV file to your computer. 
    Note: At this time, CSVs are the only supported file for bulk import. Custom templates aren’t supported.
  5. Drag and drop your saved file to the Import Inventory window and click Upload > Confirm > Done.

To print this information for your records, Visit Item Library > click Export and follow the on-screen prompts. 

But there is no drop down menu with Import Inventory in Item Library any more.  This was how I did it last year, but Square seems to have removed the export option for some reason...

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

We are looking for the same information - did square provide any assistance?

Message 2 of 52

I too am in search of a way to create or even just see a report showing ending inventory. It would be most helpful if it showed begining AND ending inventory but since you can manually chance inventory levels at any time perhapse these report fetures are not possible?

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 52
Admin

Hello everyone — thanks for bringing this up. We do not currently offer a specific report that accounts for beginning and ending inventory levels. I can definitely see how this report would streamline your reporting needs if this was built into the dashboard.

For now, you might want to consider having a look at our partner apps for robust inventory reporting solutions.

In addition, I want to let you know that I'm sharing your insight with our product liaison team. Keep in touch for updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 52

Best Answer

Square Support advises this:  

Manage Inventory and Alerts In Bulk

The Import tool allows you to download a report of your current inventory and update your inventory quantities in bulk. This is especially helpful for adding new inventory and verifying current stock.

To download an inventory report or make updates to your inventory in bulk:

1. Visit the Item Library.
  2. Click Import Inventory from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click “Download our template file” to download your current inventory CSV report.
  4. In this report, update your Stock Alert Enabled [Location] and New Quantity values and save the CSV file to your computer. 
    Note: At this time, CSVs are the only supported file for bulk import. Custom templates aren’t supported.
  5. Drag and drop your saved file to the Import Inventory window and click Upload > Confirm > Done.

To print this information for your records, Visit Item Library > click Export and follow the on-screen prompts. 

But there is no drop down menu with Import Inventory in Item Library any more.  This was how I did it last year, but Square seems to have removed the export option for some reason...

Message 5 of 52
Square

@BBG - You'll need to navigate to a location specific dashboard first. Here is how:

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your Square Dashboard

2. Click on any item.

3. Under "Inventory," select a Location and press "Go."

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 52

Hi Sean - yes, thanks, I figured that out, but it's a real pain!  I used to be able to manage my inventory from the main page.  I have only one location, and now there are so many more steps required to update inventory.  Any hope that Square will go back to having access to manage inventory from main page with one location?

Message 7 of 52
Square

@BBG - In fact. yes! Some time after the New Year, you won't have to navigate to a location specific dashboard. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 52

YAY!!!!  Thanks so much.  I look forward to that! 😄

Message 9 of 52
Beta Member

Is there a way to run this report for 12/31?  I don't see a way to enter the end of year date.

Message 10 of 52
Square

As Tom noted, there isn't currently a way to export this report at specific date, @lglatz75. Is that what you mean? 

Message 11 of 52

I just began using my square for POS and am pretty amazed I'm NOT able to download a report of ONLY my available stock. 

Hoping to bump this thread. It has been about a year since this topic was discussed - wondering if a better inventory reporting function has been added - or is planned? I wasn't able to figure it out...

Any help/insight from the fine folks at Square? 😉 

Message 12 of 52
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Lex_A

Unfortunately there hasn't been anything new in regards to this with Square Point of Sale as of right now. Have you tried the work around suggested in this thread to see if it works for you?

If not, your best option would be to see if one of the App Integrations would accomplish what you need. 

Message 13 of 52

Similar inquiry; our first year with Square POS which we then upgraded to Square Retail because basic didn't do all we expected it to do, even in a tiny, summer museum gift shop. We would like to print a summary report that shows starting inventory and ending inventory amounts for each SKU, to inform our inventory buying for next season. Not possible? Amazing ... and very disappointing!

Message 14 of 52
Admin

@CIHS18 If you're still using Square for Retail (a separate app) the Projected Profit report includes starting and ending inventory for each month. This report is available from the Inventory section of your online Dashboard. Or is this the report you're looking at? Let me know so I can surface this feedback to the Retail team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 52

There is no item Import Inventory in any of the drop down menus on the Item Library.

Message 16 of 52
Alumni

Hey @Thecollective - It should be under the Actions drop down (see screenshot).

To confirm, are you accessing your Item Library within your Square Dashboard on a computer? You must view it on a computer in order to find the option.

If you're still having issues finding it, please reach out to our CS team and they can help walk you through it.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 17 of 52

How can I print inventory list only

Message 18 of 52
Admin

@Worldsmartledkc This thread has the steps to export your item library. At this time you can't print from the Items section of your Dashboard but you could print the information in the exported CSV file! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 19 of 52

This works, but you can't seem to choose an ending date, like year-end balances. Any idea how to do that?

Message 20 of 52

I have noticed that this question was asked and answered in 2016. It is now 2019 and I am still looking to see if there is a way to generate a year-end inventory report.  I cannot see such a report.

Message 21 of 52