x

Why are there no item images/photos on Invoices ?

I can't believe nobody has asked this question yet .....I send Invoices to customers for them to view and pay via "pay now" link, etc.....or even if i did  a "manual Invoice",  why doesnt it show the Item photo/picture next to the item like it does on the receipts????????...

I use iphone, ipad, imac, all of them...

I'm pretty new to using square for more than just a quick CC swiper, so maybe im misguided here, but it seems like they are trying to make this a full feature business platform, i dont see how this could be missed or not a simple option.....oh, and why no estimate creations available ??  (with items that have photos / pics also) 🙂   thanks 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

I have the same problem and would love to see this feature! It's confusing to me and the customers without the photos. Just makes it so much easier for everyone.

Message 2 of 18
Alumni

Hey @SmartHomes1 and @HeidiM!

Thanks you for bringing this up. Item photos are not an available feature right now, but I can definitely see how this would help clear up any confusion on purchases for your customers. I will make sure to pass this on to our Product team so they can start tracking feedback on it.

In the meantime, a solution that might work for you is the ability to attach PDF files to your Invoices. You could potentially create a PDF with the item photos and descriptions of the products/services they received and send it with the Invoice.

I hope that gets you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 18

Has this been updated at all? This seems like a no brainer as far as capabilities with an invoicing system... You give us option to choose an image...why not have it so customers can SEE what that image is?!!!??

Message 4 of 18
Admin

Hey @simplysparkle, welcome to the online community and thanks for checking in here.

I went to check for an update on this and there isn't anything that I can access and share out at this time. I can certainly see how showing an image of a item within the emailed invoice would be helpful for many sellers, especially if it's for something that's one-of-a-kind.

We will circle back to this thread as soon as any other developments come through. Please do keep in touch, and let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 18

I have images built built into my items, but they don’t show on the invoices. Is there something I missed. It seems a little silly to need to attach an image when my inventory is already set up with photos. 

Message 6 of 18
Admin

Sorry for the confusion @Catchmysparkleh — at this time your Invoices will not include the item image. I'll share your feedback about this with the Invoices team, I do see how it would make sense to include the image already associated with your product. 

Thanks for posting! 😊

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 18

Hi, is there any setting anywhere that will allow the images you upload on each item in your square/weebly store to automatically attach to an invoice when you add that item to the invoice from your inventory for your customer to see. I see when I add an item from my inventory the photo is there, but once I send the invoice if I go back and download a copy of the invoice that was sent to the customer, there are no photos of the items they are purchasing.

I'd like to avoid having to manually attach photos to every invoice - ain't nobody got time for that! lol

Thanks!

Message 8 of 18
Alumni

Loll!  I feel you - no one has time for that. I wish there was an easier solution but for now, you'll need to attach image files to each invoice. 

I'm parking your post on a thread where other Sellers are looking for the same feature. This will help our Product Team understand the growing need for image importing with Invoices. 

We'll circle back to this thread with good news as we learn more. @blingboss22

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 18

Thank you Justin - a feature that's been requested for 3 years on that other systems already offer would surely be a nice system enhancement for your developers to work on as a priority. Hopefully my request being tacked on will show that people are still asking for this. Aside from running my business, I also do high level IT support now for 20 years, so I get it. But this is something I seriously would expect a developer to be able to code pretty easily, especially given we already upload those images into our inventory. Fingers crossed!

Message 10 of 18
Beta Member

Just wanted to add on to the post for 2021, I would like to see images included on invoices as well. I send invoices almost daily and sometimes with 12+ items on one invoice. It would be a pain to download and attach images for every invoice. Having a pic on the invoice just like when an order is placed on the online store would be an awesome enhancement. Pretty please and thank you!

Message 11 of 18
Beta Member

How has this not been taken care of in 4 years? Would love to see this feature as i send a bunch of estimates and having pictures on them would make things so much better for my customers to see and understand every product that they are buying

Message 12 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for your feedback @mobileconcepts

As of today, we don’t have an update on when this feature will be available. We are happy to bubble this up to our product team. We will make sure to provide any updates on this when we have them. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 13 of 18
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply. Seems like its something a bunch of people would want. I bet there are a ton of people that would love to see it that havent reached out or commented on here. Ive helped r&d several programs and beta tested them. Love to help out while developing something that will help my business and other peoples businesses at the same time. 

Message 14 of 18
Beta Member

I hope this does get some attention. I just spent an hour uploading pictures because I thought it would show up on the invoice and it does not.  I was very disappointed to discover this.  I am a print company and knowing what the item looks like at a glance is extremely valuable to me.

Message 15 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @graphicscat Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Thank you for providing your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your experience was with Square Invoices. Our product team is always looking to improve our sellers' experience in our Ideate board where they have more visibility to our product request from our Sellers. Feel free to head over there to provide more feedback on how this is affecting your business. 

Have a wonderful day.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 16 of 18
Super Seller

@sayra ;

I agree that there should be at least an option to have a Photo on an Invoice.  Especially with technology today and emailing Invoices to people.  A picture of the item on the Invoice or Digital Receipt would be great.  And the ability to toggle this option on or off for Printed receipts / invoices from the Dashboard.  I send out Invoices for Fundraising and this would be a great feature, but do not need it on printed receipts or invoices when people pickup in store.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 17 of 18

This is a joke.  Going on 5 years and no resolution.  I am switching to  Shopify - I am so sick of the limited functionality of this product.

Message 18 of 18