x

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

I recently did a soft launch of my business. I tried to close out my appointments and process them all under one ticket but quickly realized this was not possible. In my business model, I can go to a location with multiple contractors. Each contractor can have 1 to many services booked for the day. I need the ability to check out, add multiple appointments to one ticket, and charge that payment to one customer. - Example 1: Jane gets her cut by John, her makeup done by Carol, and her hair styled by Miguel. Jane is just one customer and should not have to process her card 3 different times. - Example 2: John gets his hair done by Max, his beard trimmed by Joe, and decides he wants to pay for Jane's bill in example one. In addition, there is a contractor attached to each service and they get a 70% commission and so this needs to be tracked accordingly for payroll. Currently, I do not see a way to do this. So I figured I'd post here to see what my options may be... This is a big problem for my business model. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance. JenVerg

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can one client pay for another client I instead of paying separately

Ah, so you're asking if it's possible to pay for two appointments in one card swipe.

This feature has been requested by others in this thread so I've moved your post here - thanks for letting us know how it would benefit your customers. I circled back and this is currently still a feature request. We'll update this thread if we hear any updates!

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

Hi @JenVerg, thanks for your post. At this time it's not possible to check out multiple Appointments at the same time, you will need to check out one appointment at a time. 

I understand that this isn't ideal for your business model but I'm glad you let us know how you'd like to use Square Appointments. I'll share this feedback with our Appointments team and it will help them to prioritize which features to build next! 

133 Comments

I am a hairstylist and sometimes i have a family come on for several appoinments. How do i add all clients to one ticket for easier checkout, and so that each member has their own history?

Square

Hi @Spellbound, welcome to the Community. There isn't currently a way to go about this I'm afraid. If you'd like for each customer to have their own transaction history, they will need to be checked out individually. Thanks for the suggestion! Let us know if you have any other questions.

At payment time, how do I combine 2 clients with their services so one person can pay for both?

Hello @Esthie82! At this time we can you can only have one customer profile tied to a transaction. I will make sure to pass this feedback along to the product team. If you still have questions please let us know! 

I have a massage studio. Today, two clients came in at the same time, mother and daughter, Mother wanted to pay for both. When they were leaving, I had to run each appointment spearately. Is there a way to bundle them together so i dont have to inconvenience the client to sign twice?

Admin

Hi @JenVerg, thanks for your post. At this time it's not possible to check out multiple Appointments at the same time, you will need to check out one appointment at a time. 

I understand that this isn't ideal for your business model but I'm glad you let us know how you'd like to use Square Appointments. I'll share this feedback with our Appointments team and it will help them to prioritize which features to build next! 

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Is there a way to include two client's appointments on one CC transaction?”

Hi @JHelwig, I moved your post here because another seller asked this question. Check out my reply above. I'll share your interest in this with the Appointments team as well! 

This is super frustrating for me and my shop. Ex. If one barber has a father and another barber has the son.... and the father is paying for both, there’s no way to “group” them together at checkout. Please let me know if there will ever be a change in this.

Example: Dad client comes into barbershop with Son client.. son client (age 6-obviously can’t pay) goes to barber A... while dad client goes to barber B... 

Is there a way to combine their ticket so that dad client can pay for him and his son? This is extremely frustrating right now and is a very common occurrence in the barber/salon world

Alumni

Hi @Revvarberco - Welcome to the Seller Community 👋 

Can you share which Square product you're using? Features can vary between Square's POS (point of sale app) and other products so I want make sure I find the right answer for you. Hopefully, we can find a work around for you or we can find out if this is a feature request.