x

Square Marketing: Welcome campaign emails are NOT sending as expected

Hello+

I have a pop-up on my eCommerce site that asks for your email and says I will give you a coupon as a reward. The emails are added to my Square email list. I created a Welcome Campaign to auto-respond to those new emails with the coupon code, but it is not sending emails out within 24 hours of my clients giving their emails. Instead it is waiting until they have made their 2nd purchase before sending the auto-response. What do I do to fix this? 

Thank you in advance for your time and guidance!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you @ES! Helen here stepping in for Chad. We're aware that some sellers are experiencing this issue - you're right your customers should receive the a welcome email within 24 hours of their first visit, and not only after their second.

Could you try to cancel this campaign and then reactivate it? That should fix this issue.

To cancel your current welcome campaign:

1. Sign in to the Marketing section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Campaigns > use the filter in the upper right to view all Active campaigns.
  3. Click on the campaign name > click the three dots in the upper right > click Cancel.

To reactivate the campaign:

1. Go back to the Campaigns section > use the filter in the upper right to view Completed campaigns.
  2. Click on the campaign name > click the three dots in the upper right > click Reactivate.

Please reply here to let me know if this doesn't do the trick so we can investigate further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @ES!

I think I know what's going on here. With your pop up to collect an email address, does it appear before or after the customer makes a purchase? 

If it's the later, the customer profile would be made after their first purchase. Hence, customers receiving coupons on their second purchase. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 👀

Message 2 of 11

Hello, @Chad , thank you for the suggestion.

In this case my pop-up appears before they make any purchases and they give their email "to receive a discount code", then they continue on to make their 1st purchase....I expected Square to send that auto-response 'thank you' email with the discount code immediately upon receiving the new email address, but it is waiting until after they make their 2nd purchase to auto-send. I don't know if I have a setting incorrect or why that is happening (and I cannot *find* anything in Square's help files about this).... 

I do understand that the customer may or may not make/save their profile on my site when they make a purchase. However, I do not think that should have anything to do with them giving me their email address in the pop-up. And, Square's auto-send should simply send that email I set up with the coupon code immediately upon a new email being added to the list (in my opinion)...

Please advise. Thank you.

Message 3 of 11

@ES interesting. 

There's one last thing I want to check. For this campaign could you share how many recipients you have and what the email open rate is? 

To find this you'll head to Marketing > Overview > Recent Campaigns. Then click on the hyperlinked campaign name. 

Message 4 of 11

Hello, @Chad, my apologies for not responding sooner - it has been a busy week!  As of right now there have been 1367 recipients and 19% open rate. The issue is that Square is waiting until their 2nd Online Purchase before sending the email to Thank them for giving me their email address (which has a Square-generated user-sepecific coupon code in it). And I would like that "Thank You for Giving Me Your Email" email to be sent when they provide me their email... Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you @ES! Helen here stepping in for Chad. We're aware that some sellers are experiencing this issue - you're right your customers should receive the a welcome email within 24 hours of their first visit, and not only after their second.

Could you try to cancel this campaign and then reactivate it? That should fix this issue.

To cancel your current welcome campaign:

1. Sign in to the Marketing section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Campaigns > use the filter in the upper right to view all Active campaigns.
  3. Click on the campaign name > click the three dots in the upper right > click Cancel.

To reactivate the campaign:

1. Go back to the Campaigns section > use the filter in the upper right to view Completed campaigns.
  2. Click on the campaign name > click the three dots in the upper right > click Reactivate.

Please reply here to let me know if this doesn't do the trick so we can investigate further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 11

Hello, @Helen, thank you for the suggested fix and details on how to do that! I will give it a try and let you know... Please keep this thread active until I respond again...Thank you.

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Will do! Thanks! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 11

Hello, Your system did not email me again about this ticket/issue until today. Sorry for the super late reply...  Yes, those steps worked! Please consider this issue 'resolved' and close this thread. Thank you for your time, patience and help!

Message 9 of 11

Hello+

Sorry for the super late reply... Your system did not email me again about this ticket/issue until today. Yes, those steps worked! Please consider this issue 'resolved' and close this thread.

Thank you for your patience and help!

Message 10 of 11

Hello @Helen ,

Is there a way for the automated welcome emails to include auto generated coupon codes? I would like there to be a different coupon code to be sent to each new email that is entered.

Message 11 of 11