x

How can I troubleshoot my new iPad mini? It won't connect to my contactless reader.

just got an ipad mini last night all new and up to date software it still cant find the chip reader with bluetooth, any suggestions?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

@HappytTails  See if this link help you. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204091

Message 2 of 7
Square

@Ron - Thanks a ton for the suggestion. That's a great article by Apple! 

@HappytTails - Did this help? We've also laid out some of our own troubleshooting steps here. Please let us know if you're still having issues! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 7

I'm having the same issue with my ipad mini and chip reader pairing. The settings menu on the Square Ap doesn't give me the option to connect a reader ... not sure how to fix this. I had been using a regular ipad, but wanted to use my newer mini instead. Anyone have ideas?

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hey @aaf4502 - You should be able to connect through Settings > Card Readers > Connect a Reader. If you're not able to see it, definitely let us know!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 7

@puka Yes, that's what's strange - card readers is not appearing in the settings menu at all. Any suggestions?

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Hm, let's get you in touch with our Support team so they can make sure everything on our end of your account checks out.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 7