x

How can my customers receive reciepts?

I had a customer purchase something and I thought she would recieve an electronic reciept but she never did. I checked with some other customers and apparantly they never recieved on either. How do I get customers to recive reciepts and how can I send past customers a copy of thier reciept?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MagikalMakings, I wanted to check in here as your customer should be prompted to enter their email address/phone number after completing the payment, unless the card they're using is already set up for Automatic Receipts. If they have a phone number or email already tied to their card, the receipt will just be sent out right away without them having to add anything.

If your customer is expecting to receive their receipt via email, I'd suggest the following:

• Check the spam or junk folder as our emails sometimes end up there.
  • Review email filter settings and make sure that there aren't any issues that might block emails from Square.
  • They might consider adding "receipts@messaging.squareup.com" to their contacts in an effort to prevent messages from skipping their main inbox.

Hope this helps! If you're still having any trouble, please don't hesitate to reply here or contact our Support Team directly for a look at account specifics. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Super Seller Alumni

@MagikalMakings  Here is the information you need. Hope this answeras your question. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5070-send-and-print-receipts

Message 2 of 21

That was extremely helpful beacuse I was able to send her a reciept! However, when I use my square, I don't see an option  for my cutomer to put in an emial or phone number to recieve the reciept. Is there a way to set that up somewhere that I am not seeing?

Message 3 of 21
Super Seller Alumni

@MagikalMakings When you are in Square Register, go to settings, then receipts......you'll see it there.

Message 4 of 21
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MagikalMakings, I wanted to check in here as your customer should be prompted to enter their email address/phone number after completing the payment, unless the card they're using is already set up for Automatic Receipts. If they have a phone number or email already tied to their card, the receipt will just be sent out right away without them having to add anything.

If your customer is expecting to receive their receipt via email, I'd suggest the following:

• Check the spam or junk folder as our emails sometimes end up there.
  • Review email filter settings and make sure that there aren't any issues that might block emails from Square.
  • They might consider adding "receipts@messaging.squareup.com" to their contacts in an effort to prevent messages from skipping their main inbox.

Hope this helps! If you're still having any trouble, please don't hesitate to reply here or contact our Support Team directly for a look at account specifics. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 5 of 21

Hi! So far not one of my customers were prompted to enter thier phone number or email and none of them have recieved reciepts. Is there a setting somewhere that maybe I need to fix? I figured out how to send one afterwords but that is definitly not condusive to a quick selling enviornment! Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 21
Admin

Thanks for the update, @MagikalMakings! Sorry to hear that you're still encountering this issue; receipts are automated and you definitly shouldn't have to send a receipt manually after each payment.

When you re-sent the receipt in this case, was it via email or phone number? It sounds like it's time to have a closer look at specifics. I'd suggest that you give our app troubleshooting tips a run-through. If, after that, you're still having any trouble, please send the payment details to us directly where a customer didn't receive the receipt. We'll make sure this gets sorted out ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 7 of 21

how do you resend a reciept????

Message 8 of 21

Hello @nea, you can resend a receipt right from the Point of Sale App. To get started:

1. Click the three horizontal lines in the top left of your screen.
  2. Select Activity. 
  3. Choose a transaction from the list. 
  4. Click new receipt at the top of the screen. 

Please let me know if you still need help! 😀

Message 9 of 21

I have done each of the things you suggested:

• Checked the spam or junk folder as your emails sometimes end up there.
  • Reviewed email filter settings and made sure that there weren't any issues that might block emails from Square.
  • Added "receipts@messaging.squareup.com" to the contacts in an effort to prevent messages from skipping the main inbox.

I have tried to "resend" several times. The receipts are still not coming through via email.

Message 10 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hi @WBahmi

Late last week we were running into some trouble email delivery, but everything should be up and running as normal now. 

Was this still happening? If so, was this occurring with all of the email receipts that you send or only a specific customer? 

Message 11 of 21

It's still happening and all customers. 

Message 12 of 21

We might need to take a look at this with you in more detail. Give our Support Team a call and they'll be able to get you taken care of. 

Message 13 of 21

I have entered my email into the square system after numerous purchases, but the receipts are not being emailed to me. The last receipt I received was in mid-November and then they stopped. I have used that emailed receipt to unlink my credit card and then entered my email address during my next purchases, but still no receipts.

Message 14 of 21

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Receipts are not being emailed”. The original author has been notified via email.

Hi @hockeyjoe24

I moved your post to an existing thread, as it seems a few other sellers were running into similar issues. 

Try some of the troubleshooting in this thread, and if you're still running into trouble give our Support Team a call and they can take a look at it with you directly. 

Message 15 of 21

I've tried multiple times to email a copy of the receipts to our office and over 24 hours later, the emailed receipt has never been delivered.  I tried more than one email address to make sure that wasn't the issue. I have added Square to our "safe list." NOTHING!!

Message 16 of 21

I'm having the same issue. Customer not receiving emailed receipts. Not in their spam or junk folders either. Can anyone help with this?

Message 17 of 21
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Not receiving email receipts”

@WBahmi @Claud I've moved your post here as other sellers had the same question. Please see Tom's Best Answer for tips if you or your customers aren't receiving receipts.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 18 of 21

I went back and forth between Square and my email hosts. I tried to use different hosts and the receipts all failed to arrive. My issue started in mid-November when Square had the major system failure. I unlinked my credit card multiple times using an old receipt from early November, but Square receipt delivery failed and my attempt to enter a new email address was not retained in the Square system. My telephone number was also linked, but I was unable to unlink my telephone number.

Eventually, my phone number was magically unlinked without any admitted intervention by Square, which was odd. I worry about companies that have magical IT events. The next time I purchased something via Square, I entered my email address and started receiving receipts again. Magic! Hopefully, they continue to work since many small businesses choose to use Square.

Square declined to provide any help in correcting this issue and just blamed my email host. I recommend finding another point of sale system.

Message 19 of 21

Hello @hockeyjoe24, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with receipts. 

I'm a little confused about what happened with the phone number you had on file. At the end of your first paragraph you said you were able to unlink your phone number yourself, but in the following sentence you stated it was magically removed? 

Could you elaborate more on this so I can pass it along to our Receipts Team? 

Message 20 of 21

I actually said that I was unable to unlink my telephone number.

Message 21 of 21