x

Is there a way to restore a deleted inventory item?

We are a brewery and constantly circle through beers on tap. Is there a way to make an item inactive and then restore on a later date, without having to delete and recreate every time?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question; it's not something you can currently do, but I see how that would be useful for rotating items like that. 

Do you add items to your current sale from the Item Library view, or are you using item grids (formerly know as Favorites)? If you're not already, I'd suggest having your current offerings on a grid page. That way you wouldn't have to delete the previous options from the library and they won't slow down the transaction.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Best Answer

Great question; it's not something you can currently do, but I see how that would be useful for rotating items like that. 

Do you add items to your current sale from the Item Library view, or are you using item grids (formerly know as Favorites)? If you're not already, I'd suggest having your current offerings on a grid page. That way you wouldn't have to delete the previous options from the library and they won't slow down the transaction.

Message 2 of 12

I'm setting my list of items for the first time. I deleted an item by mistake. I tried to enter it again and it says I can't have a duplicate SKU. How can I reinstate that item?

Message 3 of 12
Square

@CRSD - Try searching your library by that SKU (through the Register App). It sounds like another item might be using it right now. Once you locate it, you should be able to sort out what happened! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 12

I somehow deleted a few items from square. Is there any way to get them back, or do I just have to rebuild them?

Message 5 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @western-farms I've merged your post with an existing thread that helps answer your question. Right now, there is not a way to undelete, or restore, an item that has previously been deleted from your item library.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

Hi! We had an item deleted from our library and we have no idea what happened to it. Is there a way to trace what happened? 

Message 7 of 12

@funinfu Welcome back to the Seller Community! Unfortunately, there is not a way to undelete an item. Your best bet is to recreate the item. If you have Square for Retail, you can view inventory history to see when it was last used, but it will not show admin actions for when an item was deleted.

I can see how useful this would be, so I will continue taking feedback for it. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Message 8 of 12

I hope this functionality gets added soon. It's pretty basic, so it's kinda embarrassing that the thread is 6 years old and still no actual resolution from Square. 😕

Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

Only way I know how would be to have the Catalog as a CSV file before item(s) was deleted to add it back to Square.  Now since the Item was deleted and you had the Token from before it was deleted I am not sure if Square will have all records since it was deleted or if it will act like a New item with 0 prior sales data.  

I am not sure if anyone has tried re importing their catalog but then all other counts on inventory may be off, unless you only have the missing item(s) in the import as a Modifying import.   I am not trying this as I have messed up my catalog enough trying to figure out easy ways to do adjustments or adding new items.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 10 of 12

Please do not label threads like this as "Solved". 

Message 11 of 12

Hi there, @Tom_Herman 👋 Thanks for commenting here.

"Solved" means that someone has marked a reply on the thread as a Best Answer because the solution provided in that reply resolved the issue they were experiencing. This thread began back in 2016 so it could possibly be outdated if you mean the Best Answer here did not resolve your issue.

Whenever you have a moment, please reply back with a little more information describing your technical issue or question. I'll be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Violet
Message 12 of 12