x

Please FIX Customer ANALYTICS

SCENARIO:

A party of seven come into my small bar after dinner out. Four are regulars. Two are occasional visitors. One is new.

I approach the table and ask: "Together or separate tickets?" 

The answer: "Together."

Each orders a beer or cocktail. One couple (the occasional visitors) order an appetizer. Two regulars order a pizza to share.

Let's say the total bill is $100.

Square will report in its analytics that I had ONE CUSTOMER who spent $100. All of the CUSTOMER ANALYTICS will be WRONG.

As in: Customers, Customer Spending, Customer Visits, Customer Frequency, Customer Recency, Customer Retention

Because the CUSTOMER ANALYTICS are WRONG, the data is of zero use to me. And yet, Customer Analytics are critical to the success of any small business.

I have sought solutions to this problem, and the Square Suggestion is to add a MODIFIER to the ticket indicating customer count. I could do this but:

1) It will not effect the built-in Analytics

2) It will require me to go through multiple steps to gather the needed data.

An easy solution:

When opening a new ticket, please add an option (that can be turned on or off in settings, depending on your business type and need for the function) that simply asks for CUSTOMER COUNT.

Tie the CUSTOMER COUNT to the build-in ANALYTICS for CUSTOMERS.

This solution will not solve the NEW, RETURNING customers issue, but it will provide accurate info on the number of customers and average ticket sale, both of which are CRITICAL pieces of information.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0