x

Can I use Square Up with all its features in Germany?

Hi,

I plan on using SquareUp in Germany. Is that possible? Is there any german support?

Thanks for your help.

George

Message 1 of 8
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

Unfortunately, Square doesn't have partnership deals in Germany to process Credit Card payments.  The Square POS app will work for Cash and checks, but you would need to use a different Card processor in Germany.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Georg While you can use the Square Point of Sale app to track payments, Square hardware will only work with Square software. 

Customer Directory and the Customer Engagement features are only available in the US at this time. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

Unfortunately, Square doesn't have partnership deals in Germany to process Credit Card payments.  The Square POS app will work for Cash and checks, but you would need to use a different Card processor in Germany.

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for your quick reply!

Just to clarify:

• I can use any hardware compatible with Square, any card payment provider and that integrates perfectly into Square POS?
  • also: features, like for example, customer directory are fully functional?

Sorry, I just want to make sure, I understand it correctly. (How is Square making money with me then?)

Cheers,

George

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Georg While you can use the Square Point of Sale app to track payments, Square hardware will only work with Square software. 

Customer Directory and the Customer Engagement features are only available in the US at this time. 

Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

There are no other payment devices that integrate into Square POS.  It would have to be a stand-alone machine to process the transaction if you were to use Square.  Square would just be there for tracking the sale but not the card processing.

Message 5 of 8

Hi There!

Is there any update on the availability in German language (I would like to use it in Switzerland)? Any roadmap release planned for that in the feauture?

Message 6 of 8

Bringing back the subject but do you plan to implement Squareup services in Switzerland? That would be great 🙂

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Thanks for checking in here @Mylittlecup_CH!

We'll be sure to update this page when we extend credit card payment processing capabilities to new areas, so feel free to bookmark the page and revisit for updates 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8