x
Beta Member

Is there a way to add a star to a customers loyalty profile?

Is there any way to add stars to a customers loyalty program?  She was mistakenly not reminded to give phone number one two qualifying cash transactions and is upset....

Thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@avagrace - You sure can! 😉  To edit your individual customer’s reward, just follow these steps:

1. Log into your Square Register App.
  2. Tap the three horizontal lines > Customers.
  3. Select your customer group.
  4. Tap on the correct customer (or create a customer).
  5. Scroll to Loyalty > tap Edit.
  6. Use the + / - tool to edit their number of stars.
  7. Tap Save.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Square

Best Answer

@avagrace - You sure can! 😉  To edit your individual customer’s reward, just follow these steps:

7. Tap Save.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 27
Beta Member

Thank you so much!  Super easy~

Message 3 of 27
Square

@avagrace - I'm here to help! Look forward to more posts from you! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 27

Followed your directions...not working!

Message 5 of 27
Square

@NicoleFae - What part isn't working? If you'd prefer, you can also reach out directly. We'd be happy to talk your through the process. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 27

didn't work for me either

got into customer-loyalty-edit, but no star +- options...

Message 7 of 27
Square

@moosiesd - So sorry to hear about the trouble! Would you mind confirming what type of device you're using? What part wasn't working?  Were you able to locate the customer? Did you try with another customer (maybe that one wasn't enrolled in loyalty yet)?

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 27

It isnt working for me as well, I have tried with several customers and am unable to add stars at all.

Message 9 of 27
Square

@Arcana - Again, sorry to hear. Would you mind confirming what type of device you're using? Did you try with another customer (maybe that one wasn't enrolled in loyalty yet)? What do you see in the customer profile? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 27

I have a regular windows computer, andriod phone and the ipad, when I go to the customer screen I can bring up the customer, but there is no way to add loyalty.  Even in the edit all I can do is change email, phone etc.

Message 11 of 27
Square

@Arcana - Currently you're only able to adjust stars through the Square App (not the Dashboard). When you locate a customer in your directory on your iPad, do you see the edit button next to Loyalty? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 27

I've encountered some quirks with the loyalty program. Sometimes it seems to skip adding the stars for no reason at all- and I can't seem to go back to a transaction and add stars AFTER the fact. Is there something I'm missing? I can go in and see all my transactions, no problem. What I can't seem to do, even with a customer phone number, is click on a transaction and award stars for it.

Does someone know of a way to do so? Thanks! 

Message 13 of 27
Super Seller

7. Tap Save.

Message 14 of 27

THANK you! That's what I was looking for and could not for the life of me find!!

Message 15 of 27

This did not help me.  Once I got my customer's name to come up on the screen, there was no way to scroll and find Loyalty to add stars to the customer's account.  Where do I find the option to add stars??????????????????

Maureen Atkins

Message 16 of 27

Never mind--I did it on my phone app, but it didn't work on safari.

Thank you!

M

Message 17 of 27
Square

@earthwoman52268 - Glad to hear! Since this is a mobile-only feature right now, that explains the confusion. Sorry about that! Hopefully, this comes to dashboard soon. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 18 of 27

@Sean - we used to be able to do that (add loyalty stars manually via Dashboard), but now it's not giving us the option, even though we have the customer's number entered. Please help, thanks! 

Message 19 of 27

Hello @FM! Are you using the Loyalty Participants smart group? If your customer is apart of your loyalty program as well, you will have the ability to adjust their loyalty stars manually. If their profile is not apart of your loyalty program, you will not see the option to manually adjust their stars. 

Message 20 of 27

Yes we have the smart group. But when a customer checked out this morning, she hit the wrong button on the loyalty sign-up program and the screen went away. I told her no prob, we can add you to the program in the back (as recently as last week this worked, we would add their cell # to their listing in our customer directory, and then the system would allow us to assign them points. This was true for any customer, once we added a tel #). For some reason, this option is no longer available even after we add their tel #. 

Message 21 of 27