x

Loan offer, said I’m not eligible right now.

soooooo I have had three successful square loans. All paid back within 9 months I process between 50-70k a month. No chargebacks in 6 years and according to square I am a premier customer. I called the other day and they said I had 0 red flags on my account and its Perfect. Paid back my Third loan on the 10th and no new offer. Spoke with square loans and all they said is I’m not eligible right now. I’m so confused. My numbers are higher then they were when I had my last loans. I process only with square. Anyone have this problem? Tell me what your timetable has been recently before receiving a new offer?!

thank you!

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

your account is reviewed daily by the Square Loans algorithm and when it is determined to be a good time for a loan one will be offered to you.  loans can be offered while there still is a loan outstanding or it could be months after a loan is paid off. there isn't a guarantee another loan will be offered.  about 700 new Square loans totalling 4million dollars are offered per day to the millions of Square users.  hopefully you will get one soon.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Super Seller

Best Answer

your account is reviewed daily by the Square Loans algorithm and when it is determined to be a good time for a loan one will be offered to you.  loans can be offered while there still is a loan outstanding or it could be months after a loan is paid off. there isn't a guarantee another loan will be offered.  about 700 new Square loans totalling 4million dollars are offered per day to the millions of Square users.  hopefully you will get one soon.

Message 2 of 38

@VanKalkerFarms what you and the other cheerleaders for Square are not addressing is simply this: if @fatbodie2 can't get a loan with their outstanding record then who can?

I am sure there are businesses that process with Square primarily with the loan program in mind, otherwise there are companies such as Bank of America with a lower rate for credit card processing.

You also keep telling us how many loans Square keeps offering to OTHERS and I'm sure @fatbodie2 has the same reaction: so what good does it do me?

Frankly Square should be up front and honest and tell people new loans aren't coming because that's really the bottom line. All these messages about keep processing stinks of bait and switch. 

Message 3 of 38
Super Seller

I post the number of loans from Square's quarterly financial reports because it demonstrates that nearly a thousand businesses get a loan every day.  so many people shout on here that Square has shut down its loan program when it the complete opposite as it grows substantially every quarter.  you have to remember that on the internet the negative reviews are usually what is posted not the positive, so the fact that a person posts a day saying they want a loan 699 other people did get one.

Square cannot tell you that you won't get a loan because it is possible you may qualify later.  yes, they don't tell you the exact things you need but the general idea is there.  I was denied by 3 banks before I got my Line of Credit setup and they couldn't tell me anything other than sorry and that was after filling out dozens of pages of an application and bringing in 3 years of tax forms and bank statements and accounts payable etc.  each time I was denied it was close to 20 man hours involved in getting denied which cost me $700 in lost time I could have billed out otherwise.

It can suck that you/they don't get a loan, but as you have posted about Square loans aren't really the best for a sustainable business in the long run but could be good for short quick expansion.

I hope everyone gets what they need and their businesses continue to grow.

Message 4 of 38

@VanKalkerFarms this is the problem when you quote gross statistics and fail to look deeper. 

It looks to me that Square has a policy of offering loans to new customers but once it appears that business is "hooked" the loan offers go away. 

It's a similar strategy drug pushers use on the streets-- get em hooked because you know they'll be back. 

My sales are now 53% ahead of last year.  Square gave me two loans which have been fully paid  and someone at Square is now patting themselves on the back saying that they hooked me with only two loans. 

But, not so fast. What Square doesn't know is that I'm taking in more thru PayPal and other sources too. Instead of being hooked like an addict with only two loans the pusher got me to see what's really going on. 

By the way, I'm sure if you have a restaurant there are new loans coming. The pusher made that clear. 

Message 5 of 38

Yeah I’m pretty disappointed to put it mildly. Three loans All paid back perfectly. Since January I’ve process 300k with square. 0 chargebacks. Processing weekly new and return customers and they say I’m not eligible. Yes I see on here someone post “hey square I’m at 84% paid back think yu can look at my loan” and the next day same person posts “ they just renewed me at 85%! Thanks square” I don’t get it. I’ve been loyal to square since day one I opened almost 7 years ago.  It’s fristrating for sure. I think what is he most upsetting is not the not getting a loan. That’s fine- but the “oh we can’t tell you” ugh. It’s super sad to me 😞

Message 6 of 38

Amen! So ridiculous!

Message 7 of 38

I’ve had eight loans with Square I’m making more money now than I ever have and I have no chargebacks I have nothing on my account derogatory and I can’t get a loan from Square either I think square is become one of the worst companies ever and I think we all need to search out to see who else is out there for us that’s gonna give us a loan and help us out

Message 8 of 38

🤣😂🤣😂

Message 9 of 38

It doesn’t matter for conserve review daily square isn’t doing anything and is not giving any loans to anybody why don’t you just stop sugarcoating it and tell the truth

Message 10 of 38

Yeah same boat, it's changed a little, but KEEP PROCESSING, im at 5 loans paid in full, still awaiting an hour, they are not transparent at all! I used to get so upset! I think they are making changes to make it better, so there are so pains in between; i feel the pain of no offers! LOL But i'm gonna keep processing, and hopefully I'll get an offer soon. Thanks

Message 11 of 38

@Soulsquad you have flip-flopped a lot here. You love Square then hate Square, then hate Square then love Square.  So I'd like to ask how much more time are you giving Square to give you another loan before you switch to PayPal or another processing company that is likely to give you a loan even faster?

Message 12 of 38

No I Love Square the processing, The Loans program not so much, Ive already crossed the Paypal bridge. Doesnt mean im getting rid of square. This is similar to the UPS vs Fed Ex wars; UPS has screwed me a lot, but i get packages everyday do i guess its in the average; switched to Fed ex, guess what? got screwed by them too.  

And for the record, Im a PASSIONATE ENTREPREUNER, so unfortunately Emotions do get to me, but wont apologize for who i am to you, Square or anyone; Man have you read the comments???! HALF OF THE POPULATION is same way...Even you Alan, "i recall a im leaving for Paypal post, blah blah blah, but yet your still here on Square's board, So we are one in the same my friend. Square users who want loans and transparency. Good Luck!

Message 13 of 38

Like you @Soulsquad square is getting less of my business and PayPal is getting more of it. 

Message 14 of 38

Same problem and this is completely ridiculous. They should be loyal to the customers who have repaid them in a timely manner in addition to looking at new businesses. 

Message 15 of 38

I have been a loan recipient since January 2016. I am on my 5th loan.  Sorry to hear that some of you are not receiving offers 😞

My experience has been wonderful and they have renewed my loans consistently. Starting at 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 7 months. So I’m hoping this being the 8th month I’ll receive something soon.. but if not, I’ll still be a satisfied customer. It is hard to receive loans when you are a small business and I appreciate square loans very much for the ease!! Good Luck to all, I hope my post helped. 

Message 16 of 38

@Beauty2Beauty of course we'd all like to know more about you. Was your latest loan paid in full or is it currently open? Do you think another loan is coming and if so, why? 

Keep in mind that the questions or problems expressed here are not about previous loans. The questions and problems are about new loans.

Have you been told a new loan is coming?

Message 17 of 38

I got my 7th loan about two weeks ago. Previously I got loans at about 80-90% paid off. This time I was completely paid off and it was about 2-3 weeks after that I received another offer. 

I know it can get frustrating, especially not knowing why another offer isn't offered. This time I'm using my loan in a different way, in hopes of becoming less "dependant" on the next offer. 

Wishing you all good vibes in hopes of a new offer soon

Message 18 of 38

I’m like 3.5 weeks in since paying back my third loan.  I’m hoping soon but not feeling hopeful lol

Message 19 of 38

Congrats! You’ve been here in same boat, glad to see the you got one, hopefully mine coming soon, been paid off 3 months

Message 20 of 38

Was your offer comparable or lower than before?

Message 21 of 38