x

Ethernet printer connected but not printing

I have 2 printers visible and connected to the iPad on its stand but none of them will print (we tried using "test print" and by sending orders).

We disconnected the router and the printers but still no printing.

😞

The only printer that works is the one connected via USB cable right now.

Any idea why the printer doesn't receive the signal? Does the router as to be on a specific frequency?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller Alumni

What is the model number of the printer?

Message 2 of 15
Super Seller

When you say they are visible, do you visible mean to the iPad or to the Square POS app?  definitely weird if the Square app sees them.  the printer dialog boxes can be a bit confusing so check carefully. what you have set up.

Message 3 of 15

Star Micronics SP700

Message 4 of 15

to the Square POS app.

I was able to set up both printer without any issue, and they are connected but for some reason nothing happens when we try to send orders or even test prints.

Message 5 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

According to the compatiblily list the Star Micronics SP742ML is the compatible printer so any other version may not fully work.  I would check the actual model number and contact support.

Message 6 of 15

Yep! These are the ones we have. SP742

They used to work fine before but since I updated the app they no longer print.

Message 7 of 15
Admin

Sorry for the frustration @Thomas78! I recommend going through the ethernet printer troubleshooting steps in this Support Center article.

If you continue to have trouble with your printers please do call our Support team. Or reply here and I'll start an email case on your behalf!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 15

Yep! Did all of that already!

So I called the support team and after an hour of testing it's the same thing: everything looks good but nothing prints!

Message 9 of 15

Dang @Thomas78! I think the next step is to reach out to Star Micronics Support Team. They will be able to do more extensive troubleshooting since they manufactured the receipt printer. 

Please let us know what they say! 🙂

Message 10 of 15

this is the same problem i have with my Star Micronics TSP650ii ethernet
it shows fine on the printer page on POS but doesnt print test, and when printing order or bill takes about 3 min then it prints all together...

Everything seems fine and connected, this started happening after an update, i dont remember which

Message 11 of 15

Hi all, 

Its been a while im using Square Register (2 yearsd almost) lately i am encountering a problem

my Star Micronics TSP650ii Ethernet printer stopped printing, i mean it prints but with a very long delay (lets say 2 min after a busson is pressed). I tried all possible ways to recover but nothing is working. Hard reset, Static or dynamic IP. factory reset.... NOTHING... WHen i connect the printer to a PC it prints right away anything but when connected to Square register... DELAY DELAY DELAY.... i want to say that this printer was connected and working very well... donno what changed... this happened almost 2 updates ago (updates of square) 

please anyone help

Message 12 of 15
Admin

@Miran I'm sorry for this trouble! It looks like that specific printer model isn't on the list of compatible ethernet printers list of compatible ethernet printers. This means we can't guarantee it will work with the Point of Sale app.

It sounds like you had success with this printer though so I recommend going through the ethernet printer troubeshooting steps shared in this thread. If you need additional assistance please call our Customer Success team directly.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

Hey,

I have the Star TSP143IIILAN printer from the square web shop.

I have connected it to my huawei 4g router. Square app sees the printer but no test prints work. - it simply doesn’t seem to receive any signal to print...

can someone assist?

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

Hi @TGPH,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

I would definitely check out this support article aimed at providing helpful troubleshooting steps for ethernet printers.

If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Customer Success Team by visiting here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 15 of 15