x

Loyalty program not issuing reward codes.

Our customers are not receiving their reward codes anymore.  We search for their name on the POS and it doesn't show they have the reward. I've looked at their account online and don't see the reward either.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

We are having the same problem. Can't look up customers by phone or email, only directly by name. I think it's a glitch from the most recent update...

Message 2 of 9
Admin

@Hazehookahcafe @RootsCoffeehous I'm sorry that you're both experiencing issues with the Loyalty program. Can you try these Point of Sale app troubleshooting steps? These usually fix any glitches with the app.

But if you're still not able to find a customer's reward, or look up customers by their name or email address please call our CS team.

Before you call it would be great if you could make note of a specific customer (i.e. their name, phone number and/or email address). With a specific example our team locate that customer to take a closer look.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 9

Hello,

We have a customer, [Personal Information Redacted], who has a reward that can't be redeem.  It shows he has a reward available but there's no button to redeem it.  Please take alooka.

Thank you

Message 4 of 9

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with rewards @Hazehookahcafe.

When you select the Redeem Rewards and search the customers name does it say "Apply to Cart" in blue next to the available reward? 

I know Helen asked you to take note of a specific customer for our Customer Success Team, but please refrain from posting full names on public community posts. 🙂

Message 5 of 9

Hi Chad, 

So we're experiencing this issue intermittently, a user will have a reward available but there's no "Apply to Cart" in blue next to the reward.  We first thought it might be an item the reward doesn't count towards, but that wasn't it.  

Do we need to go through Helen's troubleshooting steps every time this happens?

Thanks,

Aaron

Message 6 of 9

Hello @Hazehookahcafe

You definitely shouldn't have to go through those troubleshooting steps each time. There's a chance that the customer could have duplicate profiles in your directory. 

I've had it happen to me with my local sandwich spot. I paid with a different card one day and it created a duplicate Instant Profile. When they went to apply my reward they pulled up the profile that wasn't linked to my loyalty account. 

I recommend checking out our Support Center Article Manage Your Customer Directory Online. It has a section on duplicate customer profiles. 

Message 7 of 9

Thank you.  I just merged some of our duplicate customer profiles and hopefully that will do the trick.  I believe I've check every profile that customer had and on one of their profiles it had a reward available.  There was no option to apply it to cart but I will monitor this.  Thanks again!

Message 8 of 9

@Hazehookahcafe if you run into it again I recommend giving the CS team a call.

Bugs do happen. We try and rule out any other causes before coming to this conclusion, but if this issue persists I think we will need to investigate further. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me. 🙂

Message 9 of 9