x

Stop notifying clients that recurring invoices are set up.

I use recurring invoices for my clients. When I first set up a recurring invoice (or when I make a change), Square sends the client a notice that the "Invoice Series Created."

This notice confuses my clients, since they can not pay this notice. If I need to make changes, they get another confusing notice. (Plus it's embarrassing to me since it shows the client that I am making changes.)

I want my clients to ONLY receive actual invoices.

Is that possible?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @betty, thank you for pointing this out. At this time, there isn't a way to opt out of sending the "Invoice Series Created" email notification, but I will share your experience with our Product Liaison team. We certainly don't want to cause confusion for your customers and I can see how having more control over notifications would benefit many businesses.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

i also would like this to stop...the recurring invoice functionality and setup is confusing...i setup a yearly recurring invoice to send out on a specific date, but they get a notice for it immediately when i set it up...

they sometimes will send me a check instead of paying online...so they have paid it...but i can't mark it paid until the actual invoice sends later in the month...when they get the invoice, they wonder why they got it because they already paid it...did i get the check?  has it cleared? etc...

how do i fix it so the customer ONLY sees the invoice they should receive ONLY ON THE DATE I SPECIFIED?

also, how can i mark it paid before the invoice is sent?  they view the notice of recurring invoices AS THE INVOICE...

this is TOO CONFUSING...

Message 3 of 8

Hey @fincumfixesit, I see where your coming from. 

Currently eliminating this email notification is a feature request. I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our product team. If anything changes @Tom or I will update this thread. 

Message 4 of 8

I fully agree with both Betty and finchumfixesit - this needs to stop!

It is confusing clients and annoying to everyone!

As a side note, Square is actually loosing the transaction fees if finchumfixesit's clients are paying by check, so it should be a priority for Square to resolve this issue. Though I'm OK either way (getting a check or having them pay online), if your system is confusing folks, and annoying them, that should be reason enough to fix it!

Message 5 of 8

I'd also appreciate if this could happen. In fact, overall the entire invoice and email notification system could use more granularity of control.

Sending invoices is one area of business where it is vital to appear professional, clear, and organized. Sometimes the current functionalities make that tricky. 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to share here, @jtd1216 and @DaoDeJing. I went to check on this and, while there still are not any updates, I'll be sure to surface your posts and point out how more granular control would be helpful. The less time spent on having to explain a notification, the better. Please keep in touch.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 8

I agree. Every single one of my customers is confused by these despite me even explaining it up front. It still looks like an invoice to them. It's unprofessional to have to explain why they'll be receiving two emails in the beginning. Less is more in this case. 

Message 8 of 8