x

Is square ever going to get serious about selling online?

I honestly can't believe how aweful square is when it comes to ecommerce.  Functionality that should be available isn't.  For example, there is no way to sort products by category.  There is no way to search for products or items.  I do believe square could be an awesome tool when it comes to selling online but unfortunately square sucks tremendously.  Square if you are listening, please do something!  Add more functionality!  Stop getting your butts kicked by shopify, bigcommerce, and others.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @Wiggy - Sorry that online store hasn't lived up to your expectations. We recognize there are many limitations to the product as it exists.

For this reason, we suggest and have heard many work arounds from other sellers. We also encourage sellers to use the 3rd party apps who solely focus on e-commerce. See this post for a quick summary of which integrations are best for your business and find instructions for linking here.

Message 2 of 4

I've already tried building an online store with BigCommerce and their software did not integrate well with square and it caused me a tremendous amount of problems so no, using third party software is not going to cut it.  Square makes money based on the amount of transactions that are processed through your POS so wouldn't it make sense to provide better, more robust functionality for those that want to build their stores and sell online because you would make more?  I have over 4000 items in my store and the features you currently offer does not allow me easily build an online store.  All I want is one system that works.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

@Wiggy 

if you're looking to use Shopify or Squarespace, you can use Trunk to keep inventory synced between Square and those platforms.

https://trunkinventory.com

Message 4 of 4