x

Can you change when the printer prints ?

It would speed things up for us if the printer printed the order ticket get once the charge button is hit. Is it possible to change this? Now it doesn’t print until after payment is complete or the card has gone through. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

there is not a way to change this. all the information needed to print on the receipt isn't available till after the transaction is completed.  specifically the credit card number and authorization number and maybe more.

Message 2 of 7

I'm not looking to change when the receipt is printed, just the order ticket. 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

But what if the payment fails or the customer decides they don’t have the cash or it’s to expensive or they can’t find their credit card and now you’ve already sent the order to the kitchen.  Or they decide to change their order. 

Seems like a headache waiting to be to send the tickets 30 seconds faster to the kitchen. 

Message 4 of 7

So far we've had 5000+ transcactions on our square since we got it two months ago and this hasn't happend yet. That 30 sec/order represents 2500 mins or appx 40 hours of customers wasted time waiting in line for their coffee orders. If I had to reprint an order ticket 1 out of 5000 orders then I'd be ok with that. 

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

interesting, I've never been in a coffee shop once in my life, curious so what happens at like Starbucks or whatever when a customer orders a salted caramel cocoa Frappuccino with almond milk (just making up a fancy sounding drink)?  when do they start making it, in my head, the person taking your order made your fancy drink but I don't know.

I see your idea but I've never seen it suggested here on these forums but they do read these forums for notes but I wouldn't wait for it as so many suggestions never come, unfortunately.

Message 6 of 7

Depends on how many people are working, but when working solo, that person has to wait for the payment, when they could be working on the drinks. 30 secs of wasted time per customer adds up.

Message 7 of 7