x

How can I find out what passcode was used to enter a discount?

I have an employee using someone's passcode to enter discounts and I'd like to see whose number this employee is using.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller Alumni

I looked at every report and I don't find anything that shows this.  @Chad am I correct that there is no way to see what manager okayed the discount?  I would change admin/manager passcodes and or get a camera.

Message 2 of 10

Thank you!  I was hoping I wasn't missing something in a report that was available.  Would be a nice feature to have!  I do have cameras and I have changed all the passcodes.  I also know which employee it was.  Just out of curiosity it would be nice to know whose code he was using.  It would save the pain of changing every code as well as allow me to talk with the manager and make sure they hadn't given their code out to any employees for use.  Trying to think of all angles.  Appreciate the comment!  🙂

Message 3 of 10

Hello @katertots and @RHatch! So there is a way to check which employee is applying discounts. On your Dashboard head to the Sales tab. Then select the Discounts Report. Then select Advance options and Display by Employee. 

You should see a list of the Employee Profile names and you can click on them to see which discounts were applied using that profile. 

To track them back to the sales you can run an employee sales report for which ever profile you want to look into.

Sorry about the delay! Better late than never. 😀

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

@Chad, what we are looking for is who approved the discount.  If the employee selects a discount that requires approval to use and the manager code is entered to accept the use of the discount how can we track that?  That is the report we need.  The only thing we can see is the employee that used the discount during the sale as you mentioned.

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Hey there @katertots & @RHatch - hopping in for @Chad on this. 

I am not seeing a way to specifically view which passcode was used to approve a discount.

I'm going to second @RHatch's recommendation of changing all passcodes. This will remove the ability for an employee to misuse the passcode (it also sounds like a manager was probably busy and just told a cashier their passcode rather than manually entering their code - make sure those with higher passcode access are not sharing their code).

Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Getting back to this issue - we need to know who authorized the discount.  Otherwise, the feature is useless.

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

I am not sure if this will help you since I only use 2 Pass Codes, one for the Owner and One I have labeled as the Stores name.

I do not see the Pass Code but I can see the Name assigned to the Passcode that was Signed in for the Discounts and any updates.  

From the Square Dashboard on a Computer - Reports - Activity Log

This shows The name associated with the Pass Code that was Logged in when a Discount is applied.   If you click on the Transaction, more information appears about the Transaction like a Receipt.  In the new pop up Receipt window the User is in a Black Rectangular box with an arrow.  If you click that arrow or in the rectangle another popup appears showing the Employee Name PIN and contact information.  Not sure if you can download this information since I see no Export button.   But you can do a Screen Print to show your Employee for Documentation.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks so much for the reply! 

I don't think this works for us because we use a generic login for the register (we switch cashiers during throughout the day).

I'm hoping that if the discount is set to 'require passcode' that it prompts you for an override.  But it seems like this is not the case.  Having this setting doesn't provide any further information nor authenticating priveleges. 

Message 9 of 10
Super Seller

Sorry I do not use Passcodes for a Discount, just the 2 logins like you that are Generic too.   Since we are immediate family here we currently do not worry about the discounts etc.  

You might be able to go through these steps to see what all does appear for you.  As I said I do not use the Discount Passcodes so none show for me.  Good luck finding a way to get this information if my way does not work.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 10 of 10