x

How do I export a customized sales report?

I've created a customized sales report but the export button does not appear on the screen.  How can I export the report I made?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

The custom reports made with the report builder won't have the option to export, unfortunately. Definitely see how it would be useful so hopefully we have it implemented soon! In the meantime, @RDNY, if you use Advanced Reporting options on existing reports they can still be exported. Hope that helps. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

The export button is on the top right of the screen, pretty sure you have to do this on a desktop. 

Message 2 of 16
Square

Best Answer

The custom reports made with the report builder won't have the option to export, unfortunately. Definitely see how it would be useful so hopefully we have it implemented soon! In the meantime, @RDNY, if you use Advanced Reporting options on existing reports they can still be exported. Hope that helps. 

Message 3 of 16

Wondering if this is in the works still and if so, when it may be implemented? 

Message 4 of 16

Why have the option to create it if you cant export/ send it!?!? Please fix this.

Message 5 of 16
Beta Member

I need to see a report of our cash and credit card amounts by day to audit the deposits. I cannot export the custom report, so I followed your instructions ... and the export on "Sales Summary" excludes any data below "Total Collected".

We're pretty disappointed to find that this capability has been considered a "great idea!" for over two years and still has not been deployed; it supports our belief that Square is for single proprietors and not small business.

Is there a timeframe to be able to export all data that displays on a screen report?

Message 6 of 16
Admin

@Horsefeathers Hmm, Have you tried using the Payment Method report? That report shows the data below Total Collected: you can export this report to see payments by Card, Cash, Gift Card and Other.

But I know it would help to have everything in one report! We can't share a timeline for when new reports (or other features) will be available. I really appreciate your patience in the meantime.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 16

Seconding everyone here, it's a big drawback not to be able to export the report. Is the feature a part of your development plan?

Message 8 of 16

I am wondering when this will be an option as well. This would be very helpful!

Message 9 of 16
Alumni

@TheTheatre - Unfortunately, there isn't an ETA on if or when this might be implemented, but we promise to update this thread with any news as we hear it.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 16
Beta Member

@puka any update?  I'd like to export a custom report to help me track my daily sales in Quickbooks Online.  Don't want to pay for an online connector at this time (or use the poorly reviewed free quicbooks sync).  I'd like to see something similar to a z-tape report showing cash vs card payments so i can match that to deposits.

Message 11 of 16
Alumni

Hey @michaelhatfield - Thanks for circling back here.

This feature is not yet available, but is in the works. I currently don't have an ETA to share with you, but we will share any updates as we hear of them. Thank you for your patience!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 12 of 16

I understand a comment will be added when the update is made, but I'm adding my request for this option in hopes that it will bump this up in the priority department. As it is, I guess I can print the report and create a .pdf, but that is cumbersome.

Message 13 of 16

The export feature to csv is required as I need the data to analyse sales figures and also considilated with other sources. This would be a requirement for most small businesses. Come on Square - this is a standard feature in Etsy, Shopify, Amazon where you can extra all your data.

Message 14 of 16
Admin

Thanks for checking in here and sorry for the frustration, @clownfish. Do you rely on those services in addition to Square? If so, I'd like to share more insight with our Point of Sale team on which metrics are most important for your business and what you need to reconcile across each service.

We also have partnered with a number of analytics services that help consolidate data from multiple platforms. For more information, have a look at your App Marketplace Analytics & Reporting.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 15 of 16
Beta Member

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "how do i export a custom report" The author has been notified via email.

I have created a custom report named Test Daily 2 and now I would like to run the rport for the day specified and then export.  How do you do this?

Melissa Pockett
Message 16 of 16