x

Invoices: How do I send an estimate?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Sending estimate

I have read through some of the other post and it sounded like square was working on this a year ago.  So how am I able to send the estimate?  Only thing I see is send an invoice.

Message 1 of 134
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Invoices Quote Toggle

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! ๐ŸŽ‰

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center๐Ÿ™‚

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Devonbonnet, thanks for checking in here.

Update: Square Estimates are now available! Check out this Support Center article for the steps to send an estimate from your online Square Dashboard.

๐ŸŽ‰

I went to look for more specifics on estimates with Android devices and it's being worked onโ€”hopefully, it will be available in a few weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices. Appreciate your patience, and let us know if any other questions come up. 

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 124 of 134
133 REPLIES 133
Beta Member

Any update? We are in the back end of 2018 and an Estimate/Quote feature is desperately needed. A simple Toggle from Quote to Invoice would be one solution as suggested on another thread.

Message 43 of 134

Hey @WonderTent

I double checked with the Invoices Team and it's on their "to do" list still! It's coming, but I don't have a timeline that I can share. I'll make sure to update the thread once it's available!

Message 44 of 134

I just switched over to Square and you really need to get on this estimate/quote stuff. I don't get why you wouldn't have it to begin with? Not everyone invoices everything before buying it. Sometimes you have to send an estimate so people know the price. I own a Property Maintenance and quote mst everything in advance.

Message 45 of 134

Pretty frustrating, appears that you said that this feature would be online soon, greater than 6 months ago now.

Message 46 of 134

You keep saying its in the works almost a year ago WTF is the problem making it easier for us you guys keep coming up with new apps fix this problem

Message 47 of 134

I do not want to send a invoive or bill, just an estimate on a job. 

Message 48 of 134
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AladdinCarpet

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as it's something that our Product team is actively working on. 

While I don't have an ETA for you at the moment, keep an eye out for updates in the near future. 

Message 49 of 134

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Quotes" The author has been notified via email.

I guess this is really a question for a square representative. Have you considered adding a send button to the Invoice draft as an option for quotes? It could allow the customer to view the quote without adding the quotes to the open invoices and it doesn't have an option to pay. Just a thought...

Message 50 of 134

The invoice and estimate will be, for me, identical. I just need it to say estimate.  Make the Draft title say Estimate and allow me to send that! If they agree I can finalize the "draft" which will change it to invoice which I can then send for payment.

Message 51 of 134

Any update on the estimate option? You owe it to your loyal customores or should at least provide a timeline. 

Message 52 of 134

I've spent so much time getting Square set up as I need it only to realize that I can't provide estimates/ quotes. Now I must find a way around this or leave Square. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Message 53 of 134

Hey @NuYu, welcome to the Seller Community! This is a great question. I'm sorry no one responded to your first post

Currently estimates and quotes are a feature request. This was actually discussed on a thread in the Seller Community this year. You can check it out here. I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our product team! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! ๐Ÿ˜€

Message 54 of 134

I agree 100%.  I believe that having an option to send estimates would be a very big deal for most service providers. I am a web developer and me and many of my clients (home improvement, air conditioning, solar installation, etc.) NEED to be able to send estimates.  If we send an "invoice" right off the bat it will be too aggressive and ruin the potential sale.  I think the solution would be quite simple too - It's mainly sending a draft of an invoice (and would need to be titled "ESTIMATE" or "PROPOSAL") to the customer that could be edited. It would be great if even the customer could ACCEPT the estimate and lock in the sale.   This could be an important step for Square bc it would hel get into the Sales process and not just the payment process.  I know many of my clients are not using square only because they cannot send these types of estimates that can be edited or changes based on the work done over time.

Just my two cents but hope to see this update soon.

Message 55 of 134
Alumni

@dangold531 thank you for detailing how'd you use an estimate or quote feature, this is super helpful for the team here at Square to understand how exactly you'd need this to work. Makes total sense that as a web developer, your clients would want to see (and agree to) an official estimate before having you start work. I'm sending this to our Invoices team as we speak! ๐Ÿ‘ 

Message 56 of 134

Awesome. glad to hear.  And one more note (I re-read what I wrote and realized I had written it all pretty fast).  I think that in this scenario where a draft invoice (as an "estimate" or "quote") was sent and potentially accepted by a customer there also should be the option to modify an invoice (either add an addtional service with a fee or to modify the price) that the customer would have to also "accept"

Again, this would be very helpful to have Square help with the sales process - and would certainly result in service providers like me using it with more frequency.

Thanks again for listening to the feedback and passing it along.

Message 57 of 134
Alumni

Got it, thanks for the follow up. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 58 of 134

I also would like to piggy back off this request and to be able to propsals/estimates with pictures/proofs of designs for client to review and approve before invoicing 

Message 59 of 134

Same here. I operate a marketing company and I'm always needing to send quotes as for customized items that vary in pricing. Estimates/Quotes would go a long way to streamlining the process!

Message 60 of 134
Admin

Hey @WhosWhoMGP, welcome to the online community and thanks for checking in.

While we don't have any further developments to share at this time, I wanted to surface a partnership that we have with Breezeworksโ€”they allow you to send customized invoices and estimates. More information on the partnership is available here: Breezeworks and Square.

Hope this is useful in the meantime. Keep in touch!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 61 of 134

As a small business another feature and subscription is challenging...any updates when square will add this options to square and not as a partnership with fees... thank you for your time.

Message 62 of 134

I totally agree - can't believe there's not a way to send quotes/estimates with Square. Please add this feature soon!

Message 63 of 134