x

Can you move entire category from one location to another?

When I first started Square I was using it for multiple things, primiarly selling my artwork as well as a payment system for art classes that I teach. Since then I have figured out how to set up multiple locations so I can split these two apart, but my question is, how can I move all the "class" specific items over to the other location? I know you can export but I can't seem to figure out how to export an entire category so I can import it into the other location. I'm hoping I don't have to enter it all back in or export the entire story and then delete all the other 100 items that aren't relavent to the second location. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

T

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anyone??

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Welcome to the community @toddtevlin! Sorry for the wait!

You can manage which items appear in each location from your administrator account (your original location).

To get started:

1. Head to your Square Dashboard. To switch to your original location, click Home and click Locations at the top of the screen.
  2. Click Items and click on an item you'd like to move.
  3. Click on Location and check the box next to the location you'd like the item to appear in. Click Save.
  4. (To remove an item from a location, make sure the box is unchecked. Click Save.)
  5. Click Save one more time (top right) to save the changes.

Hope this is helpful. Let me me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

Ok, by the sounds of it it won't move an entire category over, so I have to do it one by one?

I assume this would mean I would need to recreate the category at the new location first before moving items over into it?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Admin

You can't use the Import/Export function to move categories only I'm afraid! That will move everything — items, categories, price, inventory and so on. 🙃

But, from the item view you can assign a category to that particular item: Click on an item > click Category and select the category for this item.

This will 'move' the category along the item to your other location. No need to create a new category in your second location beforehand!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5