x

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

So my business is mainly an online boutique soI send invoices for items purchased.  Can the loyalty program still work via invoices or does it have to be an acutal card swiped?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

I thought I wanted Loyalty points on my invoices but I'm actually preferring it not to be. 

If someone pays me right away for my product/service they get the points. If they want "terms" where I invoice them for a later date or multiple payments they don't get the points.

It's nice to say "sure I can invoice you and you can make a payment over a period of time but you don't get your loyalty points!" Provides an incentive to pay in full up front. 

Verified Answer

Re: Loyalty Program good with Invoices

Unfortunately, Square's Loyalty program does not integrate with Square Invoices. I absolutely see how it would be useful to have that feature on our Square Invoices.

121 Comments

THANKS! We'll let our Customers know in ADVANCE.

@Helen... Is there a way to apply the coupon afterwards or maybe apply the coupon amount as a credit/refund?

@Helen... What was meant is Can an Invoice be adjusted after being sent to the customer to reflect the Coupon Discount Amount?

Alumni

Hey @BCGMB-NOLA - Taking over for Helen here. Unfortunately, once an Invoice has been paid, it's not possible to make any changes to it.

My original request was that the promo code would apply to the invoice, the total would adjust, and THEN it would get paid. That would motivate my online customers to place orders...

Alumni

Hey @Flawless_TN - We understood your request! I was answering BCGMB-NOLA's question about adjusting after it's paid.

Our business handles both retail as well as service items.

For most retail sales, we do counter transactions through the Square app on an iPad.

For most service sales, we generate Invoices in the Square Dashboard and email them to clients.

Some clients pay online through the invoice, others send checks (out of town clients), and yet most of them will come in and pay directly at the counter when they pick up their project order (as a counter transaction through the iPad app, where we pull up the Invoice and then receive payment).

Since we have started using the Square Marketing to attempt to bring back clients we haven't seen for a while, a large number of them have been coming in to redeem their rewards (discounts sent via Square Marketing) when they come to pick up a project - which we typically will have already made an invoice for.

There does not seem to be any way for us to apply the Reward code number in their invoice, nor add it as an item when ringing up an invoice. The only way to handle it is to re-create the entire invoice on the spot as a regular retail counter transaction and input the discount through "Redeem Rewards" in the Square Register app - which means we lose all of the custom detail (or have to retype it all on the iPad while the client is waiting for us to run their payment, which is never a good idea - especially when it's busy and there are other clients or customers waiting).
This is not a reasonable solution.

Is there something we are missing? We've looked everywhere for a way to apply Marketing Rewards and Loyalty Rewards in invoices, but to no avail. If this is not possible, what is the point of utilizing either the Square Marketing or Square Loyalty features if our clients can't actually use their rewards for larger invoiced orders?

Alumni

Hi @fbistudios - Thanks for your post and sorry you've had such a hard time trying to integrate invoices with the rewards you offer your customers.

Unfortunately, Invoices is not currently integrated with Loyalty so there isn't a way to have your customers claim rewards. I'll definitely pass this feature request along to our team. 

Yes, I need the ability to redeem an award on an invoice.  If the customer has the number, I would like to apply it to an outgoing invoice.  Can this be done yet?

Alumni

Hey @chefkowboy - It sounds like you might be referring to Loyalty rewards. If so, Loyalty currently doesn't integrate with Invoices as rewards are only redeemable in person. Updates for this feature request can be tracked in this thread.

In the meantime, you can still apply discounts to an item before sending an invoice.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!