x

How do I reactivate a Square account I closed?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: I deactivated my account and need it back

I am in the process of building my business and accidentally created 2 accounts with different emails.

I deactivated the 2nd account after realizing I already had one.

When I went to my 1st account to update the email address, I couldn't because it had been used for my 2nd account (that I just deactivated).

FURTHERMORE (and to screw things up more..),

I deactivated ALL accounts to try and start fresh. Now, I am stuck.

Help me please.

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @ppark1229! I just wanted to jump in here to confirm that @RHatch and @VanKalkerFarms are right — if you need to reactivate your account and you've created a new account in the meantime go ahead and call our Support Team! We're happy to help. 👍

Note: If you have not created a new account go to http://squ.re/contact and click 'I don't have a Square account' to send us an email.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller Alumni

You will have to contact Square support or start an account with a different email address.

Message 2 of 18
Super Seller

You can start a new account with a different email address or contact square https://squareup.com/help/contact.  No one in this forum will be able to help you with specific account problems like this.

Message 3 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @ppark1229! I just wanted to jump in here to confirm that @RHatch and @VanKalkerFarms are right — if you need to reactivate your account and you've created a new account in the meantime go ahead and call our Support Team! We're happy to help. 👍

Note: If you have not created a new account go to http://squ.re/contact and click 'I don't have a Square account' to send us an email.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 18

hey HelenI need to reactivate my account i need a code to call pls and is it that I call 855-700-6000?  thx

Message 5 of 18

I’ve called support team everyday for over a week to get an answer on how to reactivate! I have a customer that pos deposit and it’s being held causing me to fall behind on my job!!!!!! No email… No explanation!!!!!!

Message 6 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Sawdust86 I understand having your account deactivated is frustrating. To ensure our platform is safe for buyers and sellers alike Account Services can request additional information surrounding a payment or your account to ensure. We are obligated by card networks to collect this information in the event of any chargebacks this will help us fight for you best. We are happy to take a further look at your account and assist in any way possible, but for security, we cannot discuss account information through The Seller Community. You will need to reach out to support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport, or through social support on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and we can investigate. 

We appreciate you working with us to keep Square safe! 

Message 7 of 18

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: reactivate

Hi, I deactivated my account but would like to reactivate the same account using the same insforation I had before 

Message 8 of 18
Admin

Hello @woodwardam! To reactivate an account you closed please go ahead and call our Customer Success team. They'll be able to locate the account you closed, and verify your information to reactivate it.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 18

chime the bank closed out account on there on reconiginezes so know my funds was sewnt to a closed account and it beenm over a year know and still hAVENT GOTTEN MY MONEY OR CHECK

Message 10 of 18

Hi @Tlfs0113 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

That sounds like something we may be able to get to the bottom of with support.

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account details through The Community. For assistance with your account, Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. 

Phone support is also available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 18

Help I need to reactivate an account I deleted.

Message 12 of 18

Hey! The best way to get your account reactivated will be to call our support team so they can get you set up ASAP. I have merged your question with another thread that may help you further as well. 🙂 

AshleyK
Message 13 of 18

wahts that support number or where do I find that on the webpage pls

Message 14 of 18

I logged on the my dashboard and it is a black screen with "you have nothing to manage" 

Message 15 of 18

Hi @mebaccus,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community around deleted accounts since that message only shows up when the account has been self-deleted.

Check out the links above on how to contact our CS team to get it reactivated.

Ashley C
Message 16 of 18

I have an account i havent used for years.  I want to begin using it again please.  Have successfully reset password I forgot.  Having trouble getting any further as it show its deactivated.  Where and what to I need to do to update all needed data to start using and collecting payment for my resale business thank you. 

Message 17 of 18

Hi @nextuppls Welcome to the Seller Community 👋

Our support team will need to help you reactivate the account. Please reach out to our support team when you have a chance 😊

Message 18 of 18