x

Is there a fix to how Square recieves inventory count from Big Commerce Integration?

We have synced Big Commerce and Square, much of it has been working properly for inventory, but our issue is when we enter a new item within Big Commerce and then go to tag it inside of Square, the inventory count does not sync over properly, the amounts will either say 0, or say 1, and the items listed have more inventory in stock. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PinkOrchid

That sounds a bit strange. The main characteristic of the integration between BigCommerce and Squares is that it allows for e-commerce payments and inventory you get from BigCommerce to be transferred over to Square. 

Have you reached out to BigCommerce directly yet? While I hate to direct you elsewhere, BigCommerce support the integration built completely on their end, so they might have more insight into what could be happening. 

You might also need to reach out to our API team directly through our Support Channels so they can walk through some things with you. 

Message 2 of 10

Square should not be selling it as a "Seemless integration" if they do not know what is going on. I put the blame on both BC and Square, you two NEED to talk and work together!!!!!

Message 3 of 10

They refuse to work together on this. All they do is blame each other and it's only gotten worse. They point fingers and leave us, their customers, flailing for a fix. This integration has never worked in over 3 years. Total failure.

Message 4 of 10

I have just found out that if you are using Inventory Management in Square (Retail) that is not supported with big commerce and BC will deduct inventory to match what is in BC. This is so frustrating because the only reason I have the Retail portion in Square is so I have cost's and COGS as well as Purchase orders to receive inventory.

Their "Seemless" integration sucks and does not work with Retail, hopefully they fix this soon....

Message 5 of 10
Square

Hi @Jbarishman1,

To add to @EJ_ comments - We’re aware of this issue, where manual inventory updates made from Square do not reflect in BigCommerce. Inventory adjustments from sales in Square are reflected in BigCommerce. For now, manual updates need to be made from BigCommerce in order for changes to flow between the two systems. We’re working to correct this to make a better experience for our sellers. Check out this support article from BigCommerce for more information.

Megan

Message 6 of 10

It is not only that, any changes in square that do not reflect in big commerce, big commerce over corrects by taking inventory out of square. It defeats the purpose of using retail, and with retail, there is no option for e commerce.

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your findings @Jbarishman1 and I agree with you that we can do a better job of communicating how this integration works and its limitations with the Square for Retail bundle. 

I've talked to our Partnerships team about this, so hopefully we can make improvements with BigCommerce in the near future. 

Message 8 of 10

I'd like to add that BC is changing BACK the names of products (after I've updated spelling mistakes or new product names), removing mysterious amounts from my inventory (I don't have my website up at this time), and changing prices (to old prices), too. No email alert.  No noticiations. How to unplug BC?

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Thanks for flagging this and sorry to hear about the trouble, @Stellar732. That does sound strange.🤔

If you haven't already, I'd suggest raising this to BigCommerce directly. The information that we can access on our end is limited—they should be able to take a deeper dive and help get this sorted out. If this doesn't clear things up, please let me know and I'll be sure to escalate this for further review.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 10 of 10