x

Cannot seem to change the company name

My previous company closed and I would love to change the account and company name to fit with the new one but it wont let me.

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LnLStudio-HC and @berkleyswraps — Tom jumping in here. It sounds like you've activated multiple locations in your account.

You're correct; multi-location dashboards will look and behave differently from single-location dashboards.

To change your business name for your multi-location account:

1. Log in to the Account & Settings section of your Online Dashboard.
  2. Under Business, select Locations.
  3. Choose a location from your list.
  4. You'll see the location details display on the right side of your screen.
  5. Edit the business name in the field just below Basic Information.
  6. Be sure to click the blue Save button at the bottom of your screen once your edits are complete.

Apologies for any confusion. I'll be sure to share your experience with our product liaison team. Let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 18 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Square

You can edit your Business Name at any time by visiting your Square Dashboard. If you have multiple locations, be sure that you are looking at your individual locations Dashboard.

If you run into any trouble our Support Team can help, just give us a call

Message 2 of 29

I did just this, and it appeared to change the business name, yet when I link to it, it still shows the old name, and the old name also appears on the tab title in my browser. 

Message 3 of 29

Hmm. Our Support Team will be able to look at your Account specifically and double check those settings for you. 

Check out https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Where-can-I-find-my-customer-code/m-p/875#U875 f... info on how to get in contact with our Support Team.

Message 4 of 29

That link is not working for me. When I click on it, I am taken to a page that says access is denied. I'm still having the same problem where, when I link to my store on another site, like Facebook, it's still showing the old business name. Do I need to call you to fix this?

Message 5 of 29
Square Community Moderator

@Oniongrrrl Which link were you having trouble with? Logging into your Square Dashboard and clicking on Account & Settings should bring you to that section as well. 

Message 6 of 29

this is the link I have trouble with: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Where-can-I-find-my-customer-code/m-p/875#U875 f... 

Copy on getting there through account and settings. 

I am still having the same problem. I think the problem might be that the location has changed, but the name of the business is different? Either way, I use square for more than one business, so I'd like to just have my name attached to it. Is that possible?  I don't want it to say Remedy Salon, because that business no longer exists. 

this is what I get: Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 10.38.27 AM.png

Message 7 of 29

I am having the same issue. I changed my business name about 3 months ago, and on my email campaigns it still says the old one. 

Message 8 of 29
Admin

Thanks for reaching out here and sorry for the confusion, @LovelyLashes1.

I think another seller brought up this issue in this thread and received an answer: I am trying to change the e-mail address that is listed on the bottom of invoices being sent out? If you've already done that, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Success team—they'll take a deeper dive into your settings🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 9 of 29

I am having the same issue I have changed everything I can think but when I link to another site the old name appears this is very frustrating !!! 

Message 10 of 29
Square

@rideout4sen So sorry to hear! Please reach out to us directly, we'd love to dig a bit deeper for you! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 11 of 29

Me too. They put location in the place of business information. Which lets you change the nane there but not on the dashboard, so the old name is still on the dashboard. Every since they changed the dashboard there has been nothing but problems for me. I hate this new dashboard. 

Message 12 of 29

What dashboard are you using? They put location in the place of business information. Which lets you change the nane there but not on the dashboard, so the old name is still on the dashboard. Every since they changed the dashboard there has been nothing but problems for me. I hate this new dashboard.
Looks like this:
Receipt
Tax Forms
Devices

Message 13 of 29

@LnLStudio-HC

I don't have multiple locations and my dashboard looks like this:

sqdas.jpg

Message 14 of 29

What dashboard are you using? They put location in the place of business information. Which lets you change the nane there but not on the dashboard, so the old name is still on the dashboard. Every since they changed the dashboard there has been nothing but problems for me. I hate this new dashboard.

Looks like this: 

Pricing & Services

Receipt

Tax Forms

Devices 

Message 15 of 29

When I log in the new company name is posted. But the email notifications and bank deposits are still showing the old name. This is terribly emberassing to my company when issuing receipts

Message 16 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Humble-Girl

Try checking the Location Settings as well as your Receipt Settings to make sure the name is the same as your business profile name. 

It sounds like they might be different in those specific areas. 

Message 17 of 29
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LnLStudio-HC and @berkleyswraps — Tom jumping in here. It sounds like you've activated multiple locations in your account.

You're correct; multi-location dashboards will look and behave differently from single-location dashboards.

To change your business name for your multi-location account:

1. Log in to the Account & Settings section of your Online Dashboard.
  2. Under Business, select Locations.
  3. Choose a location from your list.
  4. You'll see the location details display on the right side of your screen.
  5. Edit the business name in the field just below Basic Information.
  6. Be sure to click the blue Save button at the bottom of your screen once your edits are complete.

Apologies for any confusion. I'll be sure to share your experience with our product liaison team. Let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 18 of 29

Hi, Ihow can I change the namemail on my account?  when I was signing up I put the bank name instead of mine.

Message 19 of 29

@Redd23 Welcome to the Seller Community!

This is kind of a tricky situation. You cancel the bank verification by calling our Support Team. Once the verification is canceled you can restart the proccess with the correct account name. 

Your other option is to wait for the verification to fail and then enter the correct credentials for your account. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 😀

Message 20 of 29

I have same problem.  I have changed the name under the personal information and business location and still the Browser tab shows the old company when linked from another website.  The receipts are still showing they are coming from the old company. Any help would be greatly apprecatied.  

Message 21 of 29