x

Welcome Wednesday: October 4th ๐ŸŽƒ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‚

Hello everyone! 

I hope all you are doing well. I know some of us are a little sad that Summer's ended. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

giphy (1).gif

But don't fret! We're heading into the bussiest season of the year! Fall is a huge season for businesses big and small. Typically discounts are an easy way to draw in customers. ๐Ÿ’€  ๐ŸŽƒ  ๐Ÿ

We would love to hear about other ways you can grab peoples attention! Some marketing strategies I've seen in the past consist holdiay music and decorations. Both are relatively cheap ways to increase foot traffic. 

giphy (2).gif

Time for everyones favorite part! You guessed it, welcoming new members! ๐Ÿ˜„

Newbies, please take the time to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your business. If you do not see your name listed below, still say hello!  ๐Ÿ˜  ๐Ÿ‘‹

@Viral_Trends

@roamingrunway

@HometownFeed

@atozmedical

@rsklar

@douglastonwine

@Allaroundreno

@snowynevada

@vicfirth1

@drmestein

@GSB_Steve

• Remember to give out likes for posts โค๏ธ  and mark great responses with "Best Answer". โœ…  Learn more in our community orientation
  • If you have questions or comments about running your business or Square, please post! We'd love to hear what you have to say.   
  • Currently we are looking for Insight on Taxes this week. If you'd like to offer feedback or suggestions we would love to hear them! ๐Ÿ˜

Cheers and thanks for joining the community! 

Chad

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Thank you. My business is The Roaming Runway. I had a trailer custom built to house my clothing boutique on wheels. I also sell online, but that is a small part of my business. I have a Stop N' Shop once a month and I book parties & private showings. I will be evolving to include regular stops and to show at local events. I am hoping that Square continues to evolve and add new features for retail in the future. One such request is better site analytics to see who and how many people etc. are viewing my website. Also, I posted about a need for a delete transaction feature.

Traci

Message 2 of 10

Hi! Thank you, and hello to all fellow creatives, business owners, sole proprietors...

ProSky Media I started after leaving the corporate world and puruse my passions.

I/we (sometimes my go-to business partner/filmmaker) are a drone pilot / aerial cinematography team and digital content production company.

I'm starting small by focuing on the niche of short-form digital content for small businesses, brands, lifestyle, real estate etc. (think those quality film clips with high production value feautring a behind the scenes model shoot, or a go-fund-me campaign video, etc. 

Message 3 of 10

Best of luck with your venture!

Message 4 of 10

Sounds like a cool idea! Good Luck!

Message 5 of 10

Hello! We are A to Z Medical Equipment & Supplies and right now we are going through a complete overhaul to modernize. I'm sure if anyone has tried to get medical equipment you know how annoying it is with all the loopholes and regulations. We are trying to streamline the process while going online to help reach a broader audience here in the DFW area. 

Our marketing right now is mostly direct referral from doctors office and brand awareness campaigns to let people know we exist and can get you the equipment you need. We also focus on excellent customer service since another large aspect of our business is word of mouth. 

Happy to be part of the community!

Message 6 of 10

Good luck with your venture!

Message 7 of 10

Hope this is the right place to post this! My name is Steve and I just opened a ballroom dance studio called GRANITE STATE  BALLROOM located in Windham NH. Previously I was employed with Arthur Murray Dance Studios for 25 years. Through a series of events it was really in my best interest to go off on my own. I left AMDS near the end of March 2017 and had my grand opening at the beginning of August 2017. 

I put everything I had into this venture including cashing out and depleting my 401K. Things are moving along in a positive direction but of course faster growth would be great! P.S. if anyone has any tips or tricks in ranking higher in google searches or any creative facebook advertising I'd love to hear it.

Message 8 of 10
Alumni

Message 9 of 10

Thank you and hello! My wife and I run a small weird boutiqueish grocery store and community space in Catonsville, MD just outside of Baltimore. We sell organic produce from local farms and locally made products. We also host live music and weekly workshops. We are open 7 days a week and have operated for just over a year.

Message 10 of 10